Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gjoth ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 01:33AM

Shouldn't one of the signs of the second coming be baren women, or women not getting pregnant?

If I remember correctly, every person who is alive or will be born, participated to some degree in the battle in the pre-existance where the followers of god or satan were determined. This would mean that there are a limited and numbered amount of spirits, or "intelligences" waiting to come to earth and get bodies so they can be tested.

When the last spirits are placed, certainly people will not stop having sex, but they will not be able to get pregnant because there are no more spirits waiting to get a body. So from the time the last spirit was placed to the time that it is born, there should be no more pregnancies.

Or, I suppose there could be a whole lot of misscarriages and still-borns.

I am not trying to start an abortion debate and when life begins. I was just thinking about the war in heaven and how that would mean there are a limited number of people that can be born.

As an atheist I do not believe there will be a second coming and I don't believe there ever was a war in heaven, but I would like to ask a TBM thier take on my thought.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dot ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 12:46PM

I know so many TBM's who can't have kids or who have to take medicine to even have a chance of having kids. BUT lots of non-member people are popping out kids like crazy! (young, unmarried women...)

Maybe god is finally stepping in and protecting babies from mormonism?

Posted by: Samantha Baker ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 01:40PM

During the millennium people will continue to have earthly/human babies and then once they reach adulthood will be changed in the twinkling of an eye to immortality. These will be very special spirits that earned the privilege of being born during the thousand years of peace. Christ will reign and church members will be busy doing temple work sealing everyone all the way back to Adam and Eve. Missionary work will also continue for the living since there will be many good people who were living at the time of christ's return who were not members.

(Those who live and die during Christ's millennial reign will not suffer death but will be changed in the "twinkling of an eye".

"Wherefore, children shall grow up until they become old; old men shall die; but they shall not sleep in the dust, but they shall be changed in the twinkling of an eye" (D&C 63:51.))

But that may not answer your question. So yes, there will be a time when all the spirits will have received their bodies and there will not be a need to anymore. I guess the good couples can continue to have sex and won't get pregnant.

How about this...when does the holy ghost get his body? Perhaps it is just a calling and multiple spirits have held this calling. Stupid stuff TBM sit around and wonder about. I know I did @ one time!

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 02:16PM

The HG would get his body after judgement day and everyone goes to their respective kingdoms.

The longer I am away from this cult, the crazier it sounds.

Posted by: Dallin A. Chokes ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 02:30PM

But how does he get to do ANYTHING if he hasn't been tested, etc., and "received his second estate" or whatever B.S. that is?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.