Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 02:12PM

I just read the post's regarding the proposed temple in Queens and the new MTC in Provo.

Funny, how the mormons of Provo don't want their view blocked by the construction of a large and spacious church building that belongs to the very church they are members of.

But, when the non-mormons in Queens, NY object to the construction of a large and spacious church building belonging to a church they are not members of, the mormons complain of anti-mormon bias, and that the people of Queens should be welcoming the new monolith with open arms because of all the good it will bring to the neighborhood.

They really can't see themselves in the mirror can they?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jaredsotherbrother ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 02:36PM

The Mormos shouldn't be too upset, the fine residents of Queens wouldn't let Walmart in either.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 04:11PM

A temple in Queens is like the activation of the USS New Jersey rather than the USS Missouri during Vietnam. Of course, the Manhatten Temple is not only under-used but is inconvenient and is unseen as it is only identified by Moroni.

BTW, the temple originally proposed for New York was in Harrison and died after neighbors stopped it. It was less convenient and was to be essentially hidden.

Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 04:30PM

I remember visiting the lovely St. Albans area as a child. No way should a 'temple' be built anywhere in that borough. I wonder if they will ever stoop to building in the Bronx.

Posted by: jaredsotherbrother ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 04:59PM

"the Manhatten Temple is not only under-used but is inconvenient and is unseen as it is only identified by Moroni."

I walked by that Temple once or twice a week for at least a year before I realized that was the wondrous Manhattan temple my TBM family was so jazzed about.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 07:46PM

The Manhatten Temple is like a tomb - not a single window in a temple room. Aimed to take one entirely away from the outside world of New York. I wouldn't even want to be buried there.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.