Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: outsidethebox ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 02:49AM

That's right...squash those questions. Just follow and do as your commanded. And whatever you do, don't think too much.

https://www.lds.org/youth/article/you-know-enough?lang=eng

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 03:23AM

Sheeple are not allowed to think, just bow your head and say Baaaaaa

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 05:51AM

It was what I expected. There is one comment I thought interesting.

"Jeremy L. says:

Today I have experienced another tender mercy from the Lord. I, like in this article, am preparing to leave on my mission. I've been contacting my old friends to share some final conversations before I leave. It has been hard for me to realize how many have lost faith and gone inactive. "

So many have "lost faith" - they are the ones who know enough.

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 09:53AM

A Mormon actually said this to me once. The implication was that the brain is only as big (or small, I guess) as one's head, thus one can only fit so much information into it; one can only use it to behave as one ought (or as one is told to behave, no questions asked).

Crazy talk!

I said: yeah - thinking like that is how Man got to the Moon.

Date: June 05, 2012 08:45PM

"Our questions and doubts are resolved or become less concerning to us. Our faith becomes simple and pure."

After enough shutting down of your mind, you make excuses as to why you would donate your entire life to an organization. You become so emmeshed, so busy and overwhelmed by the work that everyone you know is a member...or someone you're trying to convert. Your family is brainwashed, and you don't want to be the "weak link". You think your doubts and questions are proof that you aren't good enough, that your the "very elect" being decieved. Yeah, you become "simple". Simple-minded. And the more simple-minded you are, the more humble and faithful you are. The more you lose yourself, the more your lauded. You wear what your told to wear. You march and suffer through your whole life because, "Men are that they might have joy...but joy doesn't mean 'happiness'."

I'm a wolf. My husband is slowly and surely following me out. Love that he wears colored shirts to church...and pointing out the insanity of the flip-flop and leggings blogs. ;) Keep it up Mormons. My kids have their own minds, my son-in-law is gaining his. It won't be long now. Soon we'll all "know enough".

Date: June 05, 2012 08:47PM

And I know enough to use you're instead of your. Lol! I'm just becoming simple-minded. ;)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.