Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Outcast ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 11:35AM

Combine these two sources of entitlement: an Air Force colonel's wife who is also TBM from Idaho. What do you get? A woman who drove onto base last week and parked her soccer-mom-obile in one of the reserved staff spaces near the entrance to the bldg, rather than the parking lot across the street.

The space belonged to her husband's boss. Oh sure everyone laughed it off and de-ruffled their feathers, but holy cow!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 12:18PM

YUCK.

I am an officer's wife of an exmo. And that kind of icky entitled behavior doesn't just come from TBMs on military installations. I remember one time, when my husband and I lived on an Army post, my husband was walking our beagles. One of them took a dump on some grass near the curb next to the street, near a row of townhouses. My husband cleaned up the mess as best he could, but he apparently missed a nugget. Next thing we know, our doorbell is ringing.

It was some COL's wife who lived near where the dog had pooped. She had parked her ugly ass custom made van in the middle of the street, not in a parking spot.

My husband answered the door and she proceeded to scream and yell at him about the stray turd he didn't pick up. She said she wanted to "shoot" people who let their dogs poop near her yard and then threatened to call the MPs. All the while, my sweet and gentle husband is standing there apologizing and promising to go back and pick up what he missed.

It's a damn good thing she didn't get me at the door. The minute she brought up shooting people, I would have asked her what she thought the MPs would care more about... a stray dog turd or a woman making threats of violence on military property while simultaneously blocking traffic? And then I would have made the call myself.

So glad I don't live on an installation now. There's nothing more obnoxious than military spouses who try to wear their spouse's rank.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2012 12:19PM by knotheadusc.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 01:38PM

I hear the people who get really POd about such wives are all the hardworking female officers who have worked their butts off to get where they are, and then have to put up with a higher ranking officers wife, whose only claim to entitlement is that she spreads her legs willingly for a superior officer. My best friend is a retired servicewoman, who complains about this all the time. I would marry her if she swung that way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2012 01:39PM by forbiddencokedrinker.

Posted by: Naomi ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 02:33PM

you're talking about female officers. I was an NCO, I worked for a living. :D

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 04:22PM

Ha. I hear that joke every now and then from vets I talk with. :-) NCOs--backbone of the military.

Posted by: Helen ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 12:28PM

We had just moved to Germany and our first Sunday in the "Military" ward the Stake President's wife and an officers's wife came up to greet us and the first question to my husband was, "Are you an officer?"

My husband, also an officer, replied, "Today, I'm a civilian."

I'm sure she did her damndest to find out.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 12:33PM

are you saying the military (Air Force) knows where Idaho is?

got me on That One...

Posted by: breatheagain ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 12:34PM

The worse example of an officer's wife/TBM was a Lt. Colonel's wife I worked with, her husband was a Chaplain and a pretty decent guy. She was the most judgemental hypocrit, I have ever met in my life. What was really funny was that at the next base we were transferred I started telling some stories about her and a couple of the women looked at me and said that sounds just like so and so, and it was.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 12:44PM

A friend and her husband are both Army officers. She, a lieutenant colonel, and her husband, a major, were transferred to Germany and had to live in a stairwell apartment.

My friend was having a chat with her new neighbor who said something to the effect of, "I'm a lieutenant colonel's wife and I deserve to be treated with more respect than other wives."

As my friend was telling this story to me and my husband (also a LTC), her husband the major pipes up with, "Poor you. You're only a major's wife!"

I thought that was pretty funny!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 02:37PM

Posted by: Shazam101 ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 03:15PM

Officers and their wives who are LDS think that their turds do not stink! They have their calling and election made sure and love to lord over all who are enlisted. It is amazing what a college degree does for a person. Especially when they go from enlisted to officer and then learn to kiss @$$ to the nth degree. I was enlisted for 29 years and like sexismyreligion I too, worked for a living! Hooah!

Posted by: thedrive ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 03:29PM

My sister is only a Captain's wife and he's in the Army Reserve at that. You would think her husband was the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff the way she treats those "beneath" her.

Posted by: Reg Poster Anon for This ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 03:56PM

my sister-in-law, (who is a Colonel's wife), she's always been a holier-than-thou bitch to everyone regardless of rank or religion. She's never just picked on the enlisted ranks. I guess that mean she's a non-bigotted-bitch!

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 04:29PM

My tour of duty was a long time ago - but I never heard a single thing about mormons or mormonism in the service (or out).

Wish that were still true ...

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 08:21PM

I met very few Mormons in my Army service. The ones I did meet were not the kind of people you want to associate with.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.