Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 12:45PM

You asked why some people "hang around the fringes" of the church.

-Are you saying that you want rid of anyone who has issues with it? They should disassociate completely for everyone's good?

-I "hang around the fringes" for several reasons. First of all, I actually like people who happen to be LDS, especially many of my neighbors. Second, I don't want to be disgruntled. Even though anger is a response I have experienced when discovering that the church (and all others) are frauds, I realize that many people are honest believers and I seek to get along with them. My wife is a TBM and I am not seeking to change her beliefs. Also, despite all that I disagree with, I also recognize the good things the church accomplishes. Not everything is black and white. Actually nearly nothing is!

One issue I have is that non-believers have traditionally been considered "toxic," and that one should at least minimally be "recoverable" from their lost sheep status to even participate. It often seems that's the attitude expressed. "If he's a lost cause, cut him off."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2012 12:56PM by rationalguy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.