Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: onmyspiritualjourney ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 03:15PM

http://www.facebook.com/brittany.zika

Mormons can't handle the truth...

Feel free to join in on the conversation!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2012 03:15PM by onmyspiritualjourney.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: marco torres ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 03:23PM

Didn't see the conversation in question but you are a cutey!

Posted by: cantbsabser ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 03:24PM

not sure what I am looking for but you are hot stuff!

Date: June 18, 2012 03:56PM

hahaha you guys!

YOu aren't able to see the 90+ comment thread on my wall, under the video, "Why Our Family Left the Mormon Church?" Weird. My profile is public.

Date: June 18, 2012 06:13PM

found it and good for you having the courage to be honest and stand up to those self righteous and condesending FB "friends" of yours. btw your hot too!

Posted by: Finally Free! ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 04:03PM

It's there and it's an interesting conversation...Good for you!

Posted by: scarecrofromoz ( )

I watched parts of that video just last week! Came across it on youtube. I skipped some parts to go ahead to parts that looked more interesting. Good video. I haven't read the comments yet on your FB page.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )

so you like nobama and the book of mormon ? I'm not impressed.

Date: June 18, 2012 04:46PM

+ 1 for liking nobama!

Posted by: southern cant be bothered to login ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 04:05PM

Oh wow I see it now. That's the most comments I've ever seen on any facebook thread!! Thanks for posting that video, I hadn't seen that one yet. I'm sorry that your facebook has become a battle ground :/ Leaving mormonism really helps sniff out the fair weather, conditional "friends" in your life. You're brave to put it out there, don't let them get you down. The quest for truth is exhausting but can be so gratifying.

Posted by: Lou ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 04:06PM

Now apply the same logic and reasoning to the stories of the OT and NT and see where it takes you.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 04:07PM

Your facebook is an absolute blizzard of color. Dizzying, which way is up? You are like a fresh daisy, young woman!

I strongly dislike Facebook, though. It is to communication what a kaleidoscope is to design. Out of control.

Anagrammy

Posted by: jah ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 04:21PM

Most of the arguments in your comments drive me nuts because they default back to the "I know this church is true. Joseph smith was a prophet. Only church holding priesthood authority. blah blah blah" crap. You cannot hold a debate or ask an average member to look at any facts with an open mind. They immediately shut down, stick their fingers in their ears, close their eyes, curl up in the fetal position and start to recite their borrowed testimonies. It is infuriating especially for someone just trying to get an answer to a question that isn't church friendly.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 04:24PM

I didn't read all of that 90+ comment thread but I think I read most of your comments, Brittany. I think you handled yourself brilliantly; very insightful, sound and intelligent comments and reasoning. And so civil! Good for you.

Posted by: What is Wanted ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 04:32PM

First off....

You are kinda Hot!:)

Second.... You are doing a great job. By turning on the light the LDS go into panic mode.

Keep up the good discussion!

Posted by: dragwit ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 04:44PM

I don't know if you'll accept friend requests over there, but I have found it to be very helpful to have some friends to counter the TBM bs they fling when they find out you don't believe anymore. So I sent you a friend request.

Posted by: sabazius ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 04:46PM

"Science and reason never seeks to prove anything."

What the heck????

This is like saying that religion wants everyone to burn in hell for eternity!

I cant believe that guy is serious.

Posted by: exmollymo ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 04:47PM

Good luck Brittany! You're strong and brave! Wish I had the guts to do what you did, but I'm still "in the closet" on FB.

Posted by: T-Bone ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 04:48PM

The Mormons there sound like somebody standing at the edge of the pool, trying to push your head back under water.

T-Bone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2012 04:49PM by T-Bone.

Posted by: partymxman ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 04:49PM

Wow, that is astounding! Stay strong!

I can't believe some of the comments that seem so mindless, just repeating what the Mormon church has told them. But the important thing is their intent, you are obviously loved by many people. That's very cool. You seem like a nice person.

I believe you are enlightened. Don't let the negative people get you down.

Posted by: T-Bone ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 04:54PM

I just love the comments.

* I miss you.
* Look at Church-approved literature that is designed to stop critical thought.
* Sorry to hear you're struggling.

The only people struggling in this situation are those who are holding on desperately to an emotional reaction they had years ago to a sales pitch.

I think you've deflected the nonsensical comments quite handily. I especially like how you point out that apologetic materials are incredibly efficient at helping people OUT of the Mormon church. So true!!!!

T-Bone

Date: June 18, 2012 04:50PM

I couldn't comment since you didn't accept my friend request but I could not stomach those comments. The early 'got get a blessing' and 'what does your husband think about this' is classic BS.

Date: June 18, 2012 04:53PM

You might want to post some of Bro. Brigham's statements from official sources (JOD, etc) on race, blood atonement, and Adam God for your friend Amber................

Just adding fuel to the fire. ;)

Date: June 18, 2012 05:27PM

Quote:
Victor Sine: Brittany, this isn't question about institute. If you have a problem with the leaders of the church, fine. Name one doctrine of the gospel that you believe to be against God.

Victor needs to learn about Adam God, Blood Atonement, and the racist priesthood ban also.

Date: June 18, 2012 05:33PM

Wow, and now somebody (your sister) jumps in and apologizes for your actions.......

Guess she doesn't think you are an adult.

Posted by: Happy_Heretic ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 04:53PM

Even though I commend you for your openness, it is unwise to put too much information on the net.

As for the idiots who feel the need to comment on your physical appearance.... KNOCK IT OFF IDIOTS! It must reflects how shallow and foolish you are. It's difficult to live in mo-land and be taken seriously, without morons with hormone overload showing how "Mormon" some of uf still are. Gird up your loins, and show some simple integrity.

HH =)

Date: June 18, 2012 06:35PM

wow, you can use idiot and asshole and I cannot. What a jack-off you are and probably cried to admin loser.

Posted by: Happy_Heretic ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 07:18PM

Thier wisdom must be deferred to. I may not agree, but it's thier BB not mine.

HH

Posted by: Calypso ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 04:54PM

Wow you've got balls for coming out like that!! You are awesome!! Seriously good for you for holding your own. I am way impressed. You are a very smart woman! Welcome to the fabulous, honest world of apostasy. :)

Date: June 18, 2012 05:02PM

Thanks for all the wonderful feedback guys...I really need the encouragement. Please help me fight the fight if you so feel inclined! My only hope is that at least ONE person wakes up!

And about the nobama stuff, I'm not sure about anything anymore. I'm questioning all politics, religion, everything. Let's focus on the apostacy discourse! :)

It's so amazing to get such support. I'll accept all friend requests.

Posted by: Aaron Hines ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 05:16PM

Congratulations! You're standing up for yourself very well in that discussion! It's true...if you keep pushing a TBM for actual evidence, they always fall back on testimony instead of proof.

Date: June 18, 2012 05:28PM

Holy carp, that guy David G. is delusional. "Science and reason never seeks to prove anything. It only is a perpetual machine trying to disprove and those things that can't be disproven are accepted but at any moment it can be disproven."

Really? Science never seeks to prove anything, but any time someone contradicts your beliefs with proof you just remember the good FEELINGS you have about the gospel?

Ugh.

Posted by: lostbagle ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 05:13PM

I can see the post and read the comments. But it is not open to All Commenters. You are brave for putting this on your facebook!

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 05:18PM

Are you complaining about the pictures of the hot girl someone posted all over your wall?

Actually, I finally noted the thread. The problem is that you have the new facebook Timeline, which makes it near impossible to read a persons threads, without spending a lot of time scrolling and being distracted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2012 05:19PM by forbiddencokedrinker.

Posted by: Chicken'n'Backpacks ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 05:27PM

Here's my favorite quote: "...I believe that both the Bible and Book of Mormon are true. Yes, they can be contradicting, but I believe that's where faith comes in."

So, if I have a factory manual for my Chevy that tells me a certain bolt tightens by turning it clockwise, then a guy writes another manual he says was given to him the Chevy's designer that tells me the same bolt tightens by turning it COUNTERclockwise, am I supposed to let "faith come in"? If it's all from the same source it's got to be one way or the other.

The other quote about "instead of looking for what's WRONG with the church, try looking for what's RIGHT with it."

As I've said before, what can you do when, even if there is a lot of nice folks in your church, the church is hung on a frame of lies?

Oy....

Posted by: hellrazor ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 05:46PM

Way to stand your ground against the TBMs! They seem Christ-like until someone tells them the truth about their leaders and history. And saying science and reason is the enemy of truth? I think anyone who believes that needs to see a cult deprogrammer.

Date: June 18, 2012 06:25PM

One question that someone asked in the comment thread that I'm curious about though: what DOES your husband think? Is he leaving with you? I hope so!

Posted by: confusedkim ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 06:27PM

Great way to come out. I will probably do this a similar way so everyone can know at one time and so I can answer all questions at once. You handled yourself very well.

I knew it would show up somewhere in the comments because someone always says this, "your personal vendetta for some members of the church."

How can people get upset that you have actual facts and they are just relying on their "testimony" and all they things they've heard over and over a million times?

Date: June 18, 2012 06:38PM

what does your husband think? does he support you?

Posted by: mrwinternight ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 06:42PM

I sent you a friend request on facebook (Denny). I love this conversation. I'll back ya up!

Posted by: FormetLatterClimber ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 07:04PM

Spiritualjourney, you are my new heroine!

Sidenote:
As a female, I look at the typical hilarity display of hormonal hilarity some people here have displayed and think, "the one thing you can always rely on a man for, is to think with the head in his pants." Take it either way you want, because I meant it both ways ;-) We can disdain this reaction all we want, but without it, we never would have propagated our species. That being said, I agree you are quite attractive, and even though you have already said on that thread what your husband thinks about all of this, they still ask. It makes me think that in your hubby's shoes, I'd probably be thinking, "Back off guys. She's taken!"

Date: June 18, 2012 07:08PM

My husband is still clinging to Mormonism, but slowly he is realizing the truth. I'm being patient with him. He is totally ok with me pursuing my personal choices and research. In fact, he is digging the whole no-garment thing if you know what I mean! I'm drinking wine and coffee and so far no fuss! I am so thankful...I now this kind of things tears marriages apart. My in-laws...that's another story..

Thank you to everyone who is helping me out!

Let's deconvert somebody! Mormonism must be taken down.

Date: June 18, 2012 07:13PM

lets hope your husband jumps in with you all the way and doesnt listen to his mom & dad.

thumbs up on the "whole no garment thing".

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.