Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: June 20, 2012 05:30AM

Mishies approach a stranger in the street or on their front porch and the person is incapable of disappointing the uninvited, mild mannered but pushy religion salesmen.

Rather than saying no, the investigator hems and haws and the mishies act like new best friends in order to impress and manipulate their target.

After several discussions, the poor golden contact might post on RfM. "Help me disengage from the mormon missionaries. I am a nice polite person and don't want to disappoint these kids. How can I tell them I'm not interest withour actually say that which might hurt their feelings?"

So there you go. The choices are clear. (1.)Tell them "no more," (2) continue to play along, or (3.) sign up to be a mormon. Mild hints of disinterest don't work with aggressively trained missionaries who are under the gun to rack up numbers.

If there are lurkers out there caught in this trap, listen up. The only way to rid yourself of mormons it to tell them you're not interested in joining, then insist they stop hounding you. If you think that's rude, they win, and you lose.

I have the same advice for exmos. If mormons are harassing you and you don't like it, tell them to stop.

For those who like the attention or who want to "plant seeds" go for it. That's another issue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2012 05:35AM by Cheryl.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: June 20, 2012 06:53AM

I know someone who was 14 years old when the mishies came around. She had no father, her mother was working much of the time, and against those mishies, she didn't stand a chance.
A perfect target for the cult.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2012 07:16AM by canadianfriend.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: June 20, 2012 08:54AM

That would include minor children, the bereaved, lonely, newly divorced, those who are emotionally abused, anyone who is ill or facing unemployment or family crisis.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2012 02:42PM by Cheryl.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.