Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: vulturetamer ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 02:39PM

It is about to go down, Katie Holmes files for divorce and for sole custody, and primary residential? Dayum.

I hope she has 24/7 security detail, for her and her daughter. We complain about cookies on the doorstep or lack thereof, but I don't think that other cult messes around with cookies and such.

Girl got big ones to go up against that. Plus all the crazy that makes up Tom Cruise.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 02:44PM

She knows she needs to get sole custody because she saw first hand what TC did to his and Nicole's kids, turning them against her.

Thanks for the link, off to read the article now.

Posted by: Quoth the Raven "Nevermo" ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 03:04PM

lillium Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> She knows she needs to get sole custody because
> she saw first hand what TC did to his and Nicole's
> kids, turning them against her.
>
> Thanks for the link, off to read the article now.

From my reading, in all honesty, Nicole bailed out on motherhood after the divorce. She never had a close relationship with her children, who don't even call her "mom". She married young and Tom pushed for the adoptions. I feel sorry for their kids, they get to see Suri smothered with attention from two parents. The son is of mixed race, and probably has issues with that, and is not close to his father. I hope that both the kids escape from the crazy scientologists.

Posted by: Aaron Hines ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 02:48PM

As a friend said, "Tom finally decided to shave off his beard?"

Date: June 29, 2012 03:03PM

John Travolta has those rumors swirling around him too. Does the Scientology cult say they can cure gayness? I'm pretty sure being gay is against their rules, isn't it? Just wondering if it's a coincidence or if there's something attracting gay men who don't want to be gay to that cult.

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 03:16PM

The attraction is ccelebrity homosexual closet-cases to Scientology, because, like all cults, the Scientologists pretend they can "help" them with that particular situation in exchange for helping them keep their "secret." And secrets are what cults know how to safeguard best.

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 03:25PM

I doubt they're looking for a cure. It's more about a career.

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 03:34PM

Never saw anything in Cruise or Travolta anyway. The cover marriages make them freakish to begin with. The Scientology angle just makes them more freakish.

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 03:26PM

so many Scientologists remain in the closet.

Date: June 29, 2012 03:25PM

Posted by: scooter ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 02:51PM

will have to check.

regardless, there's a lot of bets settled today.

Posted by: jaredsotherbrother ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 03:43PM

Damn, how young and stupid is Tom gonna have to go to replace Katie?

Date: June 29, 2012 03:48PM

I predict he and Kirstie Alley will get together. Easy peasy cuz she's already in the cult.

Posted by: rgg ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 04:37PM

She's too old and fat for Tom, I think.

I met him and Katie a fews years ago. He's friend's with my ex boss. He was actually very nice and so was Katie. They did seem very much in love. However, I would bet that Scientology is the reason for the split.

Posted by: Quoth the Raven "Nevermo" ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 04:40PM

rgg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> She's too old and fat for Tom, I think.
>
> I met him and Katie a fews years ago. He's
> friend's with my ex boss. He was actually very
> nice and so was Katie. They did seem very much in
> love. However, I would bet that Scientology is the
> reason for the split.

That and he is a control freak. Poor woman. Tom needs to marry a 18 year old to get the proper subservience.

Posted by: scooter ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 04:42PM

that's some serious cult competition

Date: June 29, 2012 05:10PM

She's not fat anymore, judging by her incontinence commercial. In fact she's rather hawt for a 60 year old. Too independent maybe.

Date: June 29, 2012 05:52PM

Date: June 29, 2012 05:59PM

Not with some folks.

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 06:06PM

Posted by: lbenni ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 06:08PM

I think you meant " diaper" not damper...But wait...but it is not the kind of " wetness" you were looking for or " dampness"

Date: June 29, 2012 06:12PM

The damper in the diaper put the damper on sexiness.

Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 04:43PM

I like the guy as an actor, and I couldn't care less about his sexuality, but I can't respect him for trying to drag her into his messed up cult. Scientology is probably the only significant cult on Earth that is more obviously false than Mormonism. Every single person on this planet knows it's bullshit apart from the few thousand subscribers. Katie should have run a mile.

Posted by: dazed11 ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 05:19PM

Hopefully she can get her daughter completely out of the cult. If she has primary residential custody she will be the biggest daily influence so hopefully even if Tom gets her involved in Scientology a little hopefully she will see what crap it is. Kids are smart and can recognize what something doesn't make sense so if she has at least one sane parent hopefully she will be okay.

Posted by: Tom Monson ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 06:01PM

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 06:32PM

Katie is now very rich, with the rest of her life ahead of her. Good career move, Katie!

Posted by: Ponti ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 06:40PM

I still remember that Oprah episode where he jumped up and down on the couch in jubilation of being so in love with Katie. That's too bad.

Am I reading this thread right, someone is suggesting that TC is gay?

Date: June 29, 2012 06:47PM

*Clap. Clap. Clap.*
And the last horse finally crosses the finish line.

Posted by: NeverMo in CA ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 07:57PM

Ponti Wrote:
>
> Am I reading this thread right, someone is
> suggesting that TC is gay?

For what it's worth, my brother is a set builder in L.A. and once worked on a Tom Cruise film. (I think it was War of the Worlds.) He says that Cruise is popular in Hollywood because he is extremely professional, nice to everyone on set, etc., despite his stupid beliefs. My brother also says Cruise is *definitely* gay and that everyone in Hollywood knows that his real partner is his personal trainer.

As far as Scientology's stance on homosexuality, L. Ron Hubbard detested gays and, I believe, even said they should be killed (though I'm not certain about that last part--need to double-check). Hubbard also taught that people should not reproduce, only adopt, which may explain why Cruise adopted kids with Nicole Kidman. Obviously, though, there are Scientologists who do conceive and give birth to kids, so I don't how hard the cult pushes that belief.

BTW, John Travolta supposedly has *wanted* to come out of the closet a few times over the years but has been pressured not to both by Sci leadership and by his wife, Kelly Preston, who has threatened to take away their kids, etc. She is apparently a hard-core Scientologist.

Date: June 29, 2012 07:27PM

Ug, yeah, I hope she does have security after reading this.

"Kelly Lynch, editor of the pop-culture website Socialite Life, noted Friday the August 2005 W Magazine cover story on Holmes in which a woman described as Holmes' "Scientology chaperone" sat in on the interview and chimed in on her responses, even though Holmes herself was consistently ebullient about Cruise."

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2012/06/29/2173396/tom-cruise-and-katie-holmes-divorcing.html

Posted by: lbenni ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 07:40PM

a comment made by a poster from the article states, " Now maybe Tom Cruise and John Travolta can finally get together"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.