Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: alltoofamilier ( )
Date: July 01, 2012 01:48PM

ok I am a polite person. I just always say" I don't have any for you today thank you" then they leave. no harm no fowl.But it irratates me non the less. We have a rental home a few streets over and I watched the church pay the lazy,weed smokin',prescription pill poppin cheatin on her husband, womans rent for almost a year,oh did I mention they also gave her hundreds of dollars worth of Christmas gifts each year..ect. She of course taught everyones children in Primary for 4 years haha.
My daughter stopped paying tithing/fast offering ect. when she saw what and who it went to help.
oh ya "the church is perfect the people aren't" I forget..:)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: July 01, 2012 02:21PM

Oh yeah. Shouldn't the board be down today? Fast sunday & all.

God, I hated fast sunday. "Starve & tell a story" "Open mic night".....

Posted by: Southern ExMo ( )
Date: July 01, 2012 02:31PM

The Aaronic Priesthood do not collect in my ward. Back when I was still wasting my time and money in TSCC, we'd just put the check in the tithing envelope and mark the appropriate boxes on the tithing slip.

I WISH they'd come by!

If they ever did, I'd put a photo copy of the check that I just wrote St. Jude's Children's Cancer Research Center, and a note that would inform them that I no longer contribute my money to large and spacious luxury malls, but instead donate my 10% directly to REAL CHARITIES.

My husband is paid on the last day of the month.

Every month now, when we set up the month's budget (Dave Ramsey style, for the most part), we choose a charity or group who will get next month's tithing money.

We still tithe -- I think it is a great principle, as long as you have enough money to take care of the needs of your family -- but I prefer to donate my money to REAL CHARITIES, instead of TSCC.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.