Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: July 01, 2012 07:23AM

You pay 10% plus into the Church. You clean their buildings, you pay or help pay for your kids mission.You go on missions after you retire to do work that peole previouly got paid to do. Once a year you sit down with a stranger to disclose your financial relationship with the church, it is one sided.

Some does some research that you may read and a reporter might ask your opinion about it and you are not to talk about it but refer them to some unknown person at CoB who will answer their questions.

Have I got this straight or did I miss something?

Am I the only one that sees something wrong with this picture? If I buy something from a company and a news article came out to explain how the company works buying selling stuff with my money and their profits, would it not seem strange if they are doing what the LDS church is doing?

If my life insurance company pulled that, what do you think would happen at the next board of director's annual meeting?
They would be voted out of office.

THE CHURCH MUST BE REALLY BE AFRAID THAT IF MEMBERS TALK IT WILL CREATE AN IMAGE PROBLEM.WHAT ARE THEY AFRAID OFF?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Samantha Baker ( )
Date: July 01, 2012 07:28AM

WHAT ARE THEY AFRAID OF?

We all know the answer...if people knew, they wouldn't pay.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It is all about the money.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2012 07:42AM by menomore.

Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: July 01, 2012 07:32AM

They are afraid of the free money that they get every week slowing down to a trickle.

They are also afraid of having to manage their assets without that money comming in.

Posted by: JL ( )
Date: July 01, 2012 10:00AM

Personally, I have NOT read or heard a general conference talk that does NOT mention or emphasize the importance of tithing since my baptism.

Seriously, none.

Money is not evil, but the LOVE of money is. And, I have many reasons to believe that TSCC is deeply, deeply in love with money, which is what Jesus condemns.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: July 01, 2012 10:07AM

It reminds me of George Carlin saying, "He loves you and He needs money!"

But yeah, the almighty dollar is always the bottom line. It's not a religion. It's a Corporation. Their product is simply their version of how to get into Heaven and so it's vital that people keep believing in that product.

(Dang it! I keep making typos today and keep having to edit to fix it. I should learn to Preview first. LOL)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2012 10:07AM by Greyfort.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: July 01, 2012 11:42AM

What thinks anyone has a right to know what God does with his money. After it's out of your hands, He should smite you for even thinkin about it. You have to only do one thing. Pay. Well, two things. Pay and STFU!!!

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: July 01, 2012 11:45AM

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: July 01, 2012 03:18PM

The real issue for TSCC in full disclosure is the members reaction to the assets of the church and its net worth.

If SLC takes in 5 billion a year in tithing, no member or non-member is going to be disillusioned by that number. By making some assumptions one can simply come up with a number of members who tithe and an average tithe per member. Who cares.

It's the assets that will set the general membership on fire. 25 billion in assets with a few billion in cash and...

Members have to clean the building?
Ward's get 10-12K or less to run their programs?
Members still pay for missionaries?
Senior missionaries pay their expenses?
Temples are now cleaned inside and out by members?

IT'S THE ASSETS and the other items the church spends it money on that will cause discontent.

How much money does Boyd K. Packer make from the church and entities he is a part of as a general authority?

Does the general membership not have a RIGHT to know?

DT

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2012 03:28PM by Doubting Thomas.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.