Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon for this ( )
Date: July 10, 2012 11:09PM

Some links that might illuminate:

http://freejinger.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4927

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-internets-most-hated-man-strange-story-of-474618.html

If you Google the name in the above sites, you can find his home page, within which if you click on "about", and go to the bottom, you will see that he just became engaged to his boyfriend, which we all congratulated him on here. Interestingly, exmormon.org blocks me from posting a link to that home page, so his name was already anathema here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mormoney ( )
Date: July 10, 2012 11:11PM

Not likely

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: July 10, 2012 11:17PM

I would think there would be a police report. Then a local news report. If not, it most likely didn't happen. It all seemed a bit dramatic to me. It also didn't match my experience with how things work in the world of police and children services. Too much, too soon. The lack of details how the arestee was behaving didn't jive either. Nobody just says "oh dear" and goes off with the police while they have your child. I'm calling BS on this one.

Posted by: suzanne ( )
Date: July 10, 2012 11:21PM

I would also be surprised if it were true... I don't think the bishop would bring his daughter on such a meeting and I know for a fact that CPS wouldn't come if the mother was available.

Still.. sometimes fiction is fun ;)

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: July 10, 2012 11:28PM

That is also a great point.

Date: July 10, 2012 11:29PM

Wait was this some kind of idiotic attempt to discredit the board?

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: July 10, 2012 11:32PM

Yes it is, IMO.

I'll go further. He's not alone. There is, I believe, a small group of posters hard at work on discrediting the Board. Play the role of an ex-mo to the extent necessary and then either bolster mormons, critisize ex-mormons or just say plain crazy things.

Are they working together? Could be. I seem to recall a thread about group stalking. I found it ironic.

Date: July 10, 2012 11:22PM

Gee, did you two not read the links?

The heading question is rhetorical only - the links are absolutely jaw-dropping - "the most hated man on the internet"!!!

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: July 11, 2012 02:03AM

That is simply not conceivable.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: July 10, 2012 11:20PM

I bought it at first, but in retrospect it seems off.Only a nut would stick around to be arrested and in my experience it would take a while for the police to show up so he would have plenty of time to think of consequences. Besides GEM seems to have disappeared.

Posted by: mindlight ( )
Date: July 10, 2012 11:22PM

Check the links... yup, I think it was Michael Crook
total scam

but it appears he is very well versed in it

good, it is settled! Thxs for links...it explained it all enough for me

Posted by: suzanne ( )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2012 11:30PM by suzanne.

rofl and points to >>>> flyboy!!

me too!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2012 11:30PM by mindlight.

Date: July 10, 2012 11:41PM

lol

chuckles

Posted by: looking in ( )
Date: July 11, 2012 12:38AM

Ok I need reminding about this guy. Did his name come up in connection with our board in the past months or something? I know I've read about him.

Date: July 11, 2012 01:08AM

If you would Google "misanthrope sock puppeting" (without the quote marks), the top return has the date March 27, 2012 and mentions him and this RfM site. I'm sure this site has since deleted whatever he sock puppeted then.

Incidentally, I am a longtime poster here who is anon for this only because it looks like he could be a mean retaliator. I'm sure Susan I/S knows who I am, both from my IP address and also because I emailed her yesterday, as we're supposed to.

Posted by: The Man in Black ( )
Date: July 10, 2012 11:24PM

Storm just called. Jake came over with a gun and shot the bishop. I recorded it but the bullet also went through my phone, and into JFK. Well, off to mass.

...what is the probable response time of officers in upstate New York for a non-emergency? Fifteen minutes? Twenty or more? Did they (the perpetrators) hang out on the porch? If they were let in so much for the charges. I hope it's true but unless it's printed in the news I don't believe it. If it is published I'll apologise for being snarky.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: July 10, 2012 11:25PM

lol

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: July 10, 2012 11:30PM

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: July 10, 2012 11:36PM

Thanks anon for this!

I believed it at first but when I saw that he had just registered a week ago I got a bit more skeptical but without knowing US laws, I had no clue how legit the scenario could or could not have been.

Still... the idea of what could have happened is still pretty cool!

(damn, posted in wrong location... but you get the drift)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2012 11:37PM by spaghetti oh.

Posted by: flyboy21 ( )
Date: July 10, 2012 11:47PM

Hehehehe

Date: July 10, 2012 11:26PM

Also, no man would take a 6 year old out that time of day to meet up with a gay guy that's been ex'd. Too much for anyone. Its nap time for 6 year olds. By 3 pm you've had enough. It's almost dinner time, and time for spouse to come home.

As a SAHM I thought the time frame alone busted him.

I wasn't there, so I don't know what really happened. However I did call out in his thread that I thought it was weird that CPS would show up quickly to a crime scene.

Further more, while I did not mention it in that thread, I did find a number of other things strange. If the police are on scene, then CPS is going to defer to them, and not a private citizen for what actions they need to take. Cops have body armor and guns, CPS agents do not, so they don't want to go into a hot zone. Cops also generally don't want a CPS agent hauling kids off while they are making an arrest, or doing their own investigation, because it is already an intense situation, and they don't want it boiling over. Once the scene is secure, then the social workers can come in.

That said, I believe that Gay Ex-Mormon may have suffered a lot more then most of us during his experience with the church. To that end, if he did make it up, then he is probably trying to play out a revenge fantasy for all the pain he has suffered over so many years. I can't really blame him for that, if that is the case. If that is the case, then I would encourage him to try to work such things out as clearly understood fictional pieces. With a little research, and a little effort, he might be able to create something that both helps him deal with his pain, while entertaining.

D'oh!

I never said I wasn't a moron. Just a slut. Oh wait... that's not good either. Time for a life change. The voices in my head are scolding me vociferously.

Date: July 10, 2012 11:33PM

It's okay to be a slut. I was probably one at one time in my life. Lucky me, I can blame it on my mormon upbringing.

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: July 10, 2012 11:36PM

Maybe we need a recovery group for sluts. My husband always tells me I was one in high school. But I wasn't.....I promise....

Date: July 10, 2012 11:38PM

I volunteer to work really close with the sluts, morning, noon, and night, especially night, if needed.

Date: July 10, 2012 11:41PM

I bet that is hard, taxing work lol

Date: July 11, 2012 12:01AM

LOL I have some nevermo friends who may require your services, FCD.

Date: July 11, 2012 12:00AM

Hahaha something tells me that getting a bunch of mixed gender sluts together in a recovery group is probably a recipe for disaster :-p yet, I'm still down. And god bless Mia as a shining example for what we can become if we DO eventually turn it around ;)

Date: July 11, 2012 01:00AM

My hubby still likes to think of me as a slut. I'm just his slut. Really not a bad gig. He's very good to me. I live a charmed life thanks to him.

Date: July 11, 2012 01:06AM

I like it :)

Date: July 10, 2012 11:39PM

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,553995,554150#msg-554150
Just going to throw this here as food for thought on Mr. GEM.

Posted by: JamesL ( )
Date: July 11, 2012 05:12AM

Looks like I got suckered into believing something that I wanted to be true. Ah, well....

As much as many LDS stalkers/harrassers/etc deserve to be arrested, it appears not to have happened this time.

Posted by: Ragnar ( )
Date: July 11, 2012 05:25AM

It would have been nice if it really happened, but it's a cese of "If it's too good to be true, it probably isn't."

Upon looking back, there were many clues:

- Two men refusing to leave after you request them to, because they're staying until you 'feel the spirit.' Such behavior is only done with family 'interventions'.

- Two men refusing to leave when you call the police.

- The police not asking you to leave upon their arrival. When I worked in a convenience store and had to call the police to remove a drunk customer, they would ask them to leave before they did any arresting.

- The poster having the phone number of child protective services handy, and calling them himself.

- CPS taking the child, instead of them (or the police) contacting the mother.

This does have the markings of M.C. all over it, and we have seen him try to infect this site before.

Date: July 11, 2012 07:21AM

GEM is also suspiciously quiet. I do believe we were all played like a violin, and not in a good way....

Posted by: liminal state ( )
Date: July 11, 2012 09:02AM

Now that he's been outed, I wonder if he'll show up again--maybe with a different screen name.

Posted by: sherlock ( )
Date: July 11, 2012 09:09AM

I read the post yesterday and was very suspicions. But in all the excitement and congratulations it's often difficult to call BS and appear as the lone voice swimming against the tide - a bit like the journey of leaving Mormonism.

Date: July 11, 2012 09:12AM

I am now as sure, as can be on the internet, on this one:

I have the feeling this was Crook's work as well... just how it went

by sincereapostate
http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,554810,555567#msg-555567

very recent too, hints abound in it, with hindsight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2012 09:13AM by mindlight.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: July 11, 2012 09:19AM

This is why I didn't respond to the original thread: My BS bell was clanging.

If it was Michael Crook, he's already messed with RfM. There's also plenty of others out there who want their shot to discredit the board and make people look and feel like fools.

I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt, but when someone posts something outragously dramatic and exciting in the beginning, I prefer to hang back and see how it plays out.

Date: July 11, 2012 09:28AM

A big hint for me is if they register on board. Also if they are challenged in any way, a honest person imo, would offer immediate proof.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.