Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 12:51PM

I've been thinking about all the disasters the church PR department has to deal with right now, and laugh....it's their own fault.

A long time ago, Carol Lynn Pearson wrote an article in either Dialogue or Sunstone (do those two publications even exist anymore?) and she made a point that has stuck with me. The gist of the article was that most organizations acknowledge their faults and flaws, kind of like having weeds and junk in the back yard...but that the LDS church won't even admit they HAVE a back yard!

BTW--how does CLP stay in the church? I wish I understood that!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 01:09PM

FWIW:

isn't CLP's focus artistic matters? (plays??)
If you compartmentalize ANYTHING, you easily ignore the other aspects of the whole picture.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 01:14PM

...when the spotlight shines on it, oops.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 04:19PM

With the whole "I'm A Mormon" campaign, they were like an ADD kid just jumpin & a hollerin "lookatme lookatme lookatme lookatme!!!!!!", then when the world looks, they see that the kid is covered in poop.

Posted by: SayHi2Kolob4Me ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 04:57PM

Posted by: Sorcha ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 06:22PM

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 03:08PM

Lies will always catch up with you. The cult has woven its own web of lies and now they are caught in it.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 04:04PM

All that truth that's been missing from the one true church is starting to become a problem indeed.

Add to that a prophet seer and revelator, that won't do any of those things, and is rumored to not be quite right in the head. Could be a problem.

Instead of following the prophet, members might want to look at following the money. Now that, would be a real revelation i'm sure. That's where the real profit is.

Put that together, with members flooding themselves with anti depressants, gays killing themselves, internet history lessons, group resignations, missions closing, media hunting sprees, disaffected members telling all, suddenly they have some big problems. They can't throw out a few threats and get everyone back in line like the good old days. They're begging members to not talk to the media. Begging. Just a few days ago they were begging them to put their whole life online for the world to see.

They aren't getting any revelations from above. The closest they can come to that is their PR firm. PR firm is the one who seems to be getting all the revelations these days. They keep missing the mark. In steps Mittens trying to land the pres. slot. It's like pouring gasoline on the fire. The timing makes it a disaster of biblical proportions.

This seems like it would be a great time for Chris Hansen to do a series on the perverts of Mormonism. He couldn't possibly fit them into one episode. So many perverts, so little time. I'm thinking the ratings would be huge. We have Warren Jeffs making his stage entrance just in time to turn up the heat on the Mormon saga of polygamy. Nobody gets to go to heaven unless they have more than 1 wife. I think it's time to let the world in on that. Sister wives have chimed in to let us have look see what that commandment does to a person. Oh well, God said we have to.

The church that has more secrets than God, missed the prophecy about the internet. How could that be? Arguably the biggest life changing invention in the history of humans. Not a peep out of the big peeper. Why haven't they got out the peep stones and polished them up? We all know they have them.

What is wrong with the church? They've always had an answer for everything. They had everything tied up in a neat little package. The members didn't know anything about those rooms crammed full of damming history. They didn't have a way to communicate with each other anonymously. They behaved themselves, and knew to not ask questions. Suddenly everything's just gone crazy. Those damn cats won't get back in the bag.

Where's a prophet when you need one? The strengthening the saints committee has really dropped the ball. A lot of us just found out about that little group. They like too go after the dissenters and trash their lives. Not very nice of them. We can't help but wonder what else they've been up to. The media poking around has probably sent them running to the church history vaults to hide out. I've heard they have food storage and anything else they might need.

And so, the glory days of bullying, deception, and money changing, may be coming to an end. You have to have a united membership to pull off the shenanigans of the past. A great divide is forming. The ex's and the nom's seem to be the ones digging the grave. I guess Packer got it wrong. It's the ex's and the nom's that are the biggest threat to the church. The women gays, and smart people gave them an ulcer and got the ball rolling, but it's just a lot of regular people that are coming together and demanding they stop the insanity.

Posted by: CTRringturnsmyfingergreen ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 04:10PM

Well said!

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 07:08PM

CTRringturnsmyfingergreen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well said!

Posted by: SayHi2Kolob4Me ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 05:09PM

Love this post! Well said! You speak the truth (unlike the church).

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 05:49PM

Exmos, noms and the internet. We mustn't forget the roll of the google God in all this. :)

Posted by: Sorcha ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 06:24PM

Fabulous post.

Posted by: Lois Lane ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 04:22PM

Carol Lynn Pearson stays in the church because the LDS church needs her more than she needs them. I am second guessing here, but I think Carol Lynn feels she can do more good in the world by staying in than by leaving, altho Carol Lynn will Do GOod no matter where she is. That's just the kind of girl she is.

Her daughter, Emily Pearson, did NOT stay in the church (although she stayed longer than one might expect.)

Emily Pearson made a "My name is Emily and I am an ex-Mormon" video, which is easy to pull up on google.

Emily Pearson is VERY beautiful. No doubt about it. She carried on in her book how she just isn't attractive, but I think she is incredibly beautiful. Her book "Dancing with Crazy" is kinda interesting.

Her (gay) ex-husband's book I am sure will also be interesting when I get around to reading it. Both Emily and her ex are planning more books. Like so MANY Mormons and ex-Mormons there is never a dearth of tell-all books. Mormons (and ex-Mormons) are People of the BOok.

Emily how could you do it????? How could you marry a man you KNEW was gay???

Emily explains how in her book. Or she tries to.

Lois

Posted by: ambivalent exmo ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 05:00PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.