Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ddrakep ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 09:46AM

Good morning!
I know this might sound strange, but I just have to ask. I read a comment on here once from a gal, that said that in protest of the BS that the temple stands for, wore a lace thong in the temple while attending her sisters wedding ceremony. I thought this was hilarious and just wondered if anyone else has done the same thing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kyle ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 11:56AM

How would anyone know she was wearing it?

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 12:10PM

More interesting to note if worn during an endowment. For a wedding, after all, one is not usually involved in changing clothes so it would make zero difference. For endowment, I imagine it would shock TSCC. But who would know? And would it depend on the color of the panties? Or the sex of the participant?

Posted by: ddrakep ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 12:12PM

I think I might have worded it wrong. Obviously no one would know she was wearing one. I was just wondering if anyone else had the balls to do a temple session, while not wearing garments... Wish I had thought of it.

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 04:32PM

ddrakep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was just wondering if anyone else had the balls to do a temple session, while not wearing garments...

See the report of five people going through an endowment session, none of them wearing garments, and one of the women (the female half of the witness couple) wearing NO UNDERWEAR AT ALL.

http://packham.n4m.org/templex.htm "Adventure At The Temple"

Posted by: hope ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 09:16AM

Wow! What a great article. Thanks for sharing. As a member for such a short time and never attending the temple (except to tour), it sure gave me a glimpse of what it is really like. Not missing much.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2012 09:16AM by hope.

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 12:17PM

While I was in the MTC I would have a little party in my head in the temple. I sounds strange, but the MTC was such a freaky controlling experience that you rarely (by design I am sure) had the freedom to be alone with your own thoughts. Any chance to be alone for a few minutes felt like heaven, so I loved going to the temple, I could care less for the cinematic hokey-pokey, but it allowed me just a little quiet time to reminisce and think about the normal life I had left behind, the ceremony itself was just an inconvenience. I guess I am just too stupid to understand the precious and profound insights found in the celestial fist-bumping endowment.

Posted by: novice lurker ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 12:26PM

02/01/2004 - by FREE FREE FREE barian

This will be a new year but it will also be the first time in more than 25 years I WILL NO LONGER HAVE A CURRENT TEMPLE RECOMMEND!!!! yes, I have been waiting for this day for a long time. I was going to lose it last year but the church extended the recommend to two years so I got another year. My Bishop never bothered to take it away even when he was informed of my non belief. I think they get more ward budged from SLC for the more temple goers they have.

As I was laying in bed this morning and thinking about it I recalled my last visit to the temple a few months ago and had a good laugh. Since they let me keep it for another year I thought I would go for the last time on my terms. so I went off to the temple with my G's back on. When I got there I changed out of them and put on a pair of my wife's red thong panties. The funny thing was, wearing my G's again was much more uncomfortable than the women's thong panties. If you haven't figured it out yet I'm a guy. As I walked to the session I lengthened my stride not because of Spencer Kimball's advice but because I had a string up my ass and my nuts were getting squeezed. So I got my new name and proceeded to change it to "FUCK YOU" I like that and I figured if the church was true surly after repeating that several time in the temple one of the inspired workers would be prompted that evil was present and expose me. No such luck.

I remember looking around during the session in amazement of how much everyone looked so unhappy and robot like. There was also a very nice looking sister in the session and I tried to have every impure thought I could about her. Again, just to test the inspiration of the workers. When I got home I was feeling guilty so I told my wife and she said "so does this mean you would like to try a threesome someday", she laughed and walked away? Who says the temple isn't inspiring. I also did the prayer circle thing. Since I was the only guy there with out a wife they had to pull some good sister out to help me. My luck, she was so old she could of been my great grandmother. I was hoping for the hot sister I was having impure thoughts about.

When I got to the vail I screwed up the whole mantra to get into to heaven on purpose to the frustration of the old geezer at the vail. All I could remember in the celestial room was if this is what the next life is like I'm glad I'm getting out now. Adjusting my thong for the hundredth time I left the celestial room to change. As I left my locker I hung the thong on a hook in the locker with my name slip they give you in the crotch with my new name "fuck You" written on it. In my last act of defiance I put my rented clothes in the wrong laundry shoot. As I left I was told to come back soon, so much for inspired workers who are charged to protect the temple.

So after today I will no longer have a recommend to the temple, that is one thing I don't mind thanking God for. I'm so glad I went out on my own terms, it was like a therapy session for me helping me get over some of my anger of what they have stolen from me. The only unpleasant thing about this was my wife made me go to Victoria's Secret and get her a new thong. I'm still waiting for the threesome, maybe next Christmas.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 12:50PM

I wish I'd thought of that one too. That would have been fun.

Every time I went to the temple, by big problem was that every swear word in the book would enter into my thoughts. It drove me crazy.

I guess a part of us rebels at the idea of being so rigidly controlled.

Posted by: Anontoday ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 02:59PM

That may be the funniest temple story I've ever heard. Loved it.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 04:25PM

Was she wearing anything else?

Seriously, many wedding attendees just wear white clothes if they haven't just completed a session when attending a wedding, (and assuming the wedded couple didn't specify full temple regalia). So, I'd bet this isn't the first time temple wedding attendees didn't have regulation underwear.

Posted by: quatermass ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 08:24AM

An interesting corllary might be to ask what happens if males wear panties to the temple :-)

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 10:33AM

to go through a session with red bikini underwear on and a dress that barely showed the outline and see if any of the old biddies picked up on it an said anything. It would be fun to have them come ask if you're wearing the proper undies and say "of course," and see how far they push it. See whether they'd make you prove it and then what they would do. Would the temple president come and talk to you about defliling the temple with your red undies?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.