Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SayHi2Kolob4Me ( )
Date: July 18, 2012 02:35AM

I thought the fab/drab thing was funny.

Some commenters were complaining that they did this story. I think they did a good job at making them look foolish while seeming kind.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: July 18, 2012 03:55AM

Get a look at the little girl with the blue ribbons in her hair with the caption
A visitor at Joseph Smith's historic home, located down the road from the Hill Cumorah
looks like a marriage between JS and her is coming soon to a theater near you.

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: July 18, 2012 04:42AM

Thanks for the link. That was a fun. A few observations:

I didn't know Jesus was a ginger.

In the "Braces" photo, the kid is wearing a pimped out replica of the sacred-not-secret baker's hat. Sacrilege!

A few photos down, one of the women is wearing a headpiece that looks like it was inspired by an RS tampon-art project...or maybe those are churros.

Posted by: randomtask ( )
Date: July 18, 2012 12:47PM

If I were Native American, this whole thing would drive me nuts. A bunch of white girls appropriating elements of your culture for costumes in a play about white people being cursed to look like you.

How do they handle the whole 'dark and loathesome' curse thing in the pageant? Do they ever get real native american actors to portray the parts of the cursed?

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: July 18, 2012 02:47PM

What I did on Saturday -- by Sarah

"Okay, so my whole family got in the mini-van cause dad said we were going to the pageant. We stopped for breakfast at Dunkin' Donuts. Then we got to the place where the pageant was. There was like, tons of people everywhere. Some people had signs that said weird things, bad things I think, about Mormons. Dad said they were crazy and got out of the mental hospital today, or something like that, but it was funny cause my brothers laughed. Then we had hot dogs for lunch with ice cream which is way cool cause I like ice cream. Then we did other stuff because the pageant wasn't on until night. At the pageant there were people in costumes that started our church, like a long time ago, probly over a hundred years, which is way long ago. And there was cool fire and stuff and scary things. When it was over we clapped really loud, then we got in the minivan to go home. Before we left dad said a prayer, and he thanked God for coming down here and starting our church, and he thanked Joseph...Joseph...I can only think of Simmons cause that's our neighbors. Anyways he thanked Joseph Simmons for starting our church with God and Jesus. Then we all said we know the church is true, cause that's what your supposed to say. Then we went home, but we stopped for more ice cream, which is way cool cause I really, really love ice cream."

Love, Sarah.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2012 05:08PM by canadianfriend.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.