Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: July 26, 2012 09:10PM

This took some looking and it is the only pic I could find. IRL they were much worse. They would stretch out and stain/yellow. They were some kind of synthetic that did not breath.

CLICK AT YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR NIGHTMARES!

http://www.underwearexpert.com/2012/07/10-really-uninteresting-facts-about-mormon-underwear/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: July 26, 2012 09:12PM

Posted by: Tahoe Girl ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 12:40AM

OMG, Beth! Best idea I've heard in a long time!

Seriously Susan, make a pair for a bear!

TG

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: July 26, 2012 09:13PM

OMG I may or may not have just thrown up...

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: July 26, 2012 09:16PM

that when THOSE Jesus Jammies were in production, THAT guy's ancestry would have forbidden him the wearing of same...

Posted by: rainwriter ( )
Date: July 26, 2012 09:53PM

Was the priesthood ban lifted before the garments were changed to two piece, or after? It's kind of close, isn't it?

Posted by: Tristan-Powerslave ( )
Date: July 26, 2012 11:58PM

Posted by: absolutelyunsure ( )
Date: July 26, 2012 09:18PM

No need for me to look...I have the image of my grandfather burned into my brain. No need for any others...shudders.

Posted by: Pil-Latté ( )
Date: July 26, 2012 09:19PM

At least the ads on the page are hawt...

Posted by: dogeatdog ( )
Date: July 26, 2012 09:19PM

Let me just tell ya - I worked at a Beehive home (elderly group home) and I had not yet converted LDS when I worked there and those one piecers totally freaked me out big time. And the ones on these people were down to the ankles, saggy and ill fitting, as well as being yellowed with age and wear...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2012 09:21PM by dogeatdog.

Posted by: Betrayed565 ( )
Date: July 26, 2012 09:22PM

Now anyone can buy garment knockoffs (not sure why anyone would:))

http://mormonssecret.com/

Posted by: rainwriter ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 12:18AM

I wonder if these are really knockoffs, or if someone is actually reselling actual garments, lol.

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: July 26, 2012 09:22PM

We need an admin for the admin.

C'mon this is supposed to be about recovery not making it worse!!

;)

Posted by: flyboy21 ( )
Date: July 26, 2012 09:24PM

Uh... if you're a girl... how do you pee?

That's a sexy costume right there. Guarantees chastity, I suppose. Especially once it stains up.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: July 26, 2012 09:27PM

They had flaps down there that opened. Don't ask for details.

I actually wore them.

Posted by: flyboy21 ( )
Date: July 26, 2012 09:29PM

Wow. That's... wow. I'm sorry, dagny. The world owes you a drink.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: July 26, 2012 10:52PM

Nowadays women could just get themselves a Shewee! http://www.shewee.com/

(best invention ever)

Posted by: toto ( )
Date: July 26, 2012 09:32PM

I would just stare at him (never saw them, though) and shake my head. He didn't care. He liked the comfort (his words) of not dealing with the top riding out of his pants (if he wore a two-piece).

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: July 26, 2012 09:49PM

Flyboy, don't even get me started about that time of the month for us gals. It is almost like a horror film. And when I tried to justify wearing a pair of panties under them during that time, I was sure god would smite me, so I never did.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: July 26, 2012 09:52PM

...that went wrists to ankles, with Peter Pan collars.

Posted by: suzanne ( )
Date: July 26, 2012 10:56PM

Did you HAVE to wear them in the temple or was it optional?

Gross... but at least they dont' grab you right on the spare tire...

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 12:21AM

...but everyone was supposed to.

Posted by: icanseethelight ( )
Date: July 26, 2012 10:09PM

I had some of those, my "temple" garments. I hated that stripe on the back and trying to drop a deuce.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: July 26, 2012 11:06PM

These speak to how powerful the human sex drive is.
If you could see each other in these things and still have sex....
It's a miracle mormons had any children. To make matters worse, many left these things on while having sex. Horrifying thought.

Date: July 26, 2012 11:08PM

Shut the front door!

They left them ON? During? but... why? I thought swimming, sports, sex and shower were times to take the dam...g thing off!

Date: July 26, 2012 11:39PM

It gets worse! I've heard some women claim they kept those one piece garmies on while having their babies.

Now, I personally can't imagine the insanity of that. But, I totally believe the women who told me they did that. My problem lies in how they got knocked up in the first place! There must be some mormon men out there who have NEVER seen a woman completely in the buff. I can't wrap my mind around that.

Date: July 26, 2012 11:52PM

I.... can't....

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 12:04AM

Is how my great grandmother NEVER took them all the way off from the day she got them till the day she died. When I inquired I was told she took the top down, washed that half, put on clean garmies, took the bottom off, washed that part and put the rest on. Mind you, this was a LONG time ago and they were one piecers. And yes, she had her babies with the top still on. My Bat Shit Crazy Grandmother was very proud of this and I always wondered why she didn't do it too if it was such a great thing.

Date: July 27, 2012 12:28AM

I knew there was someone out there who'd heard the same crazy things about garmies.

I can't imagine having those slimy things touching me day and night through thick and thin and on into my funeral.

They were a miserable experience. Slimy, smelly, sloppy, uncomfortable, non functional. And that was the first 30 minutes of having them on. Sometimes I would feel so suffocated I would have to go take them off before I stopped breathing. No kidding. They felt like a straight jacket to me. It got so I only wore them to church and to the temple. I physically couldn't handle wearing them. That should have been my first red flag.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: July 26, 2012 11:09PM

They gave me a one-piecer when I went through the temple for the first time.

Date: July 26, 2012 11:11PM

they used a one-piecer on me when I went in, but it was HUGE and then I got to take it off and put on my own pre-purchased ones. Those also turned out to be HUGE, like 5 sizes too big. lol. I cried before I realized they were the wrong size. I thought I was doomed to wear saggy bottoms forever.

Posted by: Mon ( )
Date: July 26, 2012 11:34PM

Im only 35 and I bought one of those, you can still buy them. They looked better under a skirt and top than the two peice, or if you had a fitted dress. The two peice would come untucked and hang out or you would have horrible lines under under some clothes. So I bought some and it did slove some of the problems. You had to buy them small though so they were tight. Dressing in your 20's is a bitch as a TBM!

Posted by: DebbiePA ( )
Date: July 26, 2012 11:47PM

Except for the garment page...best.website.ever!

But I digress....

I got married in the temple just before the two-piecers came out.

The onesie with the zipper in the front, my ex wore those forever, until the were in shreds. He said they were comfortable. I said they were UUUUUG-LY!!!

Who else besides me wore panties over the one-piece garment? And yeah, periods were pure hell if you weren't using tampons. Clearly these things were designed by men who hated women.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2012 11:49PM by DebbiePA.

Date: July 26, 2012 11:50PM

I was destined to be an apostate. I wore my bra and panties UNDER my garments. I never met a bishop who had the kind of courage it would have taken to ask me about that.

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 12:08AM

Posted by: Tahoe Girl ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 12:42AM

My now-ex-husband wore those. Weird how they have to use the toilet when they wear them, with that slit in the back and all.

Grrrrooooossss!

TG

Date: July 27, 2012 12:52AM

Oh my GAWD

I just told my husband about this thread and he said, "oh yeah, when I was on my mission some lady stood up in Fast and tesimony meeting and through her tears told everyone that every single one of her 10 children were conceived through the garment!!!

I'm going to barf.

Date: July 27, 2012 12:57AM

Oh my hell! I'll never be right again after reading that!

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 01:00AM

That is....intense.

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 12:54AM

I remember seeing my parents in the one pieces with the butt flap and all. It actually gave me nightmares as a kid.

Posted by: Docia ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 01:26AM

They still make the one piecers, don't they? I know they make the flared leg, but I still have the "crotchless garments" (as my hubby calls them). They were really only fun to wear around the house with a t-shirt, so I could flash my hubby while he watched football. ("Hey, buddy, play me or trade me!")

Okay, I just checked and they still have the "snug leg, knee length one piece. It's $5.50. Evidently, they don't make the calf length one piece anymore.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.