Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: TheIrrationalShark ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 01:32AM

1. And it came to pass that many of the afflicted (homosexuals) did come forth, and brought unto the nation of my forefathers their afflictions. For behold, their abominable desires and actions became common place throughout the land, ye even the land of my heritage. Wherefore, I did prophesy unto the people concerning the destruction of the land known to the filthy Gentiles as San Francisco, that they may repent of their rebellion against their Lord, ye even the God of Isreal. And it came to pass that they did mock me, for their hearts were hard. And Boyd said unto them;

2. "Behold, thine arrogance will be the end of thee, for the Lord thy God hath seen thine abominations, and will inflict many disasters upon the land, ye, that ye may be destroyed!"

3. And it came to pass that San Francisco was destroyed exceedingly. And God said unto the wicked apostates of RfM "Thou art next."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 01:58AM

San Francisco is probably the most beautiful city I have seen. I'm lucky to live near it. The city is too grand for gods or demons. Too colorful for Mormons.

Days in San Francisco are framed by a marine mist that rolls over the town most mornings. Gulls cry and caper over the docks. The gentle lapping of the Pacific ocean is like a breathing sound. Cool, salty air flows year round.

Fisherman's Wharf is a polyglot of mimes, street musicians and jugglers. There the smell of fresh fish is heady, teasing people into waterfront restaurants.

Those who hate the city are cold, grey and desolate of spirit. They move into their rigid mountains with their weapons and their hate. Then they predict the destruction of something they fear.

Date: July 27, 2012 02:20AM

Wherefore, behold, it is the land of the afflicted homosexuals. Wherefore, behold, ye, the destruction will come to pass exceedingly, wherefore I suggest that thou goeth unto the city of Salt Lake, where ye shall avoid the destruction.

Posted by: saviorself ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 02:06AM

San Francisco is situated on the San Andreas Fault, which is where the Pacific Plate and the North American Plate meet. The fault was first identified in Northern California by UC Berkeley geology professor Andrew Lawson in 1895. It was slippage of this fault that caused the 1906 earthquake, which destroyed San Francisco. The average movement at the interface of the two plates is 1.3 to 1.5 inches per year.

The northern segment of the fault runs from Hollister, through the Santa Cruz Mountains, epicenter of the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake, then on up the San Francisco Peninsula, where it was first identified by Professor Lawson in 1895, then offshore at Daly City near Mussel Rock. This is the approximate location of the epicenter of the 1906 San Francisco earthquake. The fault returns onshore at Bolinas Lagoon just north of Stinson Beach in Marin County. It returns underwater through the linear trough of Tomales Bay which separates the Point Reyes Peninsula from the mainland, runs just east of the Bodega Heads through Bodega Bay and back underwater, returning onshore at Fort Ross. (In this region around the San Francisco Bay Area several significant "sister faults" run more-or-less parallel, and each of these can create significantly destructive earthquakes.)

A study completed by Yuri Fialko in 2006 has demonstrated that the San Andreas fault has been stressed to a level sufficient for the next "big one," as it is commonly called; that is, an earthquake of magnitude 7.0 or greater. The study also concluded that the risk of a large earthquake may be increasing more rapidly than researchers had previously believed. Fialko also emphasized in his study that, while the San Andreas Fault had experienced massive earthquakes in 1857 at its central section and in 1906 at its northern segment (the 1906 San Francisco earthquake), the southern section of the fault has not seen a similar rupture in at least 300 years.

The question about a major earthquake near San Francisco is not a matter of "IF", it is a matter of "WHEN." The 2008 Uniform California Earthquake Rupture Forecast (UCERF) has estimated that the probablity of an M ≥ 6.7 earthquake within the next 30 years on the northern and southern segments of the San Andreas fault as 21% and 59%, respectively.

The preceding information is from Wikipedia. This has nothing to do with a magical sky god. It is purely an issue of plate tectonics -- just godless science.

Date: July 27, 2012 02:17AM

So if San Francisco does get destroyed, I could literally be seen as a prophet by some O_O

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.