Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 05:46PM

If only Mitt-the-Twit watched R-rated movies, he might have learned that the first rule of "Fight Club" is you don't talk about Fight Club!

Jonathan Capehart in The Washington Post's "PostPartisan" summed it up:

>>>>> "Then Romney went out and told reporters that he had a meeting with the head of British intelligence. See, the rules that govern meeting a spy chief are the same rules that govern 'Fight Club.'

The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club." <<<<<

Mittmo is tight like unto a dish about his Mormon beliefs, his tax returns, his business dealings, and more but is a great big blabbermouth about international intelligence. THAT is a man whose judgment I would trust to have his finger on the button to ignite nuclear winter.

Capehart references Romney's penchant for "Mitt-in-mouth" gaffes and notes:

"It’s a little difficult to be the leader of the free world when the world’s leaders think you’re a dolt."

None of this seems to get to Teflon-Mitt, but it's not that he's cool, calm, and collected under pressure; it's that he seems to totally lack awareness and be devoid of understanding of what a world-class wanker he is showing himself to be.

Willard Mitt Romney, Mormon Ambassador! Wanker on, Mitt. Wanker on!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/post/mitt-romney-bombs-in-london/2012/07/26/gJQAHSjPCX_blog.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2012 05:49PM by Surrender Dorothy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 05:49PM

He's got that 'I'm special and I can say anything I want' attitude.

P.S. I thought everyone knew the rules of fight club ;)

Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 07:18PM

Now Romney's people are attacking London Mayor Boris Johnson for his comment about Romney because he's "eccentric and odd". They got that right, however, but instead of an insult they used something that is celebrated as a fundamental British virtue. This thing is getting bigger and they could have quashed it from the beginning with a simple apology.

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: July 28, 2012 11:47AM

I love the Brit sense of humor and how it embraces the quirky and offbeat. It was a kindness to call Mitt "eccentric."

In reply to a statement that the opening ceremonies seemed "like an LSD trip through British consciousness", the show's director Danny Boyle said: "I don't think it's eccentric but then I wouldn't because I'm British."

Of the multitude of (rightfully) harsh comments about his bumbling, Mitt and his handlers, yet again, show their tone deafness by choosing that to boo-hoo, "Poor, persecuted Mitt."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.