Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 03:22PM

I got lot's of insightful comments and I really appreciate it. It's probably has to do with being an infp but a few things stung enough I just want to defend myself I little.

My wife sends out a weekly newsletter. Here is a recent (from May 31) email thread between the two of us in response to her newsletter that may give you a little insight into how I talk to her about this despite it being difficult for me to have her gone on weeknights:

> I suppose it's time you heard from you biggest fan! I am so proud of you and the work you do at Weight Watchers. You really are very good at it and I think it is great that you are doing something that has such a positive impact on so many people.
>
> Love,
> Brian
>
------

Awe shucks. You're just trying to get laid. It will probably work...eventually.

----------

I guess that's the advantage of being your biggest fan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 05:16PM

We were raising a young family from the mid 70's to the mid 90's and trying to pay for a farm. It was a tough deal. When our kids were old enough, my dear wife went back to work full time plus some part time jobs and helped get us through the darkest times. If not for her we would not have been able to keep our land and be able to take advantage of the rising land prices when we decided to retire. She IS my hero...above everyone else!!

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 05:37PM

You're sweet and she is appreciative and has a sense of humor. I bet you guys will figure things out. And then they'll change again, of course. :-)

Posted by: Xyandro ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 06:10PM

Seemed to me the job was more about her having some personal time than anything. Where the other days were allotted to church, it's not that surprising you'd resent getting extra workload to balance it.

Maybe you need more personal time too? I'd suggest Sunday---it's a great day to relax.

Date: July 30, 2012 06:14PM

Thanks for the thoughts - good points.

We actually both get a reasonable amount of personal time - happily, I do get a lot of mine on Sundays. That's one of the nice things about the kids getting a little older is that we are so frantic and scattered all the time.

FYI,

Part of the issue that I didn't bring up is that part of the reason she took the 2nd job was as a jab at me for no longer believing in the church - but it wasn't really germane to what I was worried about - I already understand why that part of it upsets me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2012 06:14PM by bc.

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 06:15PM

bc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Part of the issue that I didn't bring up is that
> part of the reason she took the 2nd job was as a
> jab at me for no longer believing in the church -
> but it wasn't really germane to what I was worried
> about - I already understand why that part of it
> upsets me.

How did she make it a jab?

Date: July 30, 2012 06:18PM

It's been several months so the memories are somewhat faded, but it was clear at the time part of the reason she was taking it was out of revenge/anger/something because of the difference in religion issue.

A little bit of it was that now you don't believe in God I can't trust you not to leave me flat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2012 06:19PM by bc.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.