Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Drew90 ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 05:36PM

They say they never received a resignation letter from me. I sent it two years ago. I received the two final letters and they told me I'm still a member. I called because I'm still on my parents tithing settlements. I'm still on the rolls for a class. They also sent the missionaries and they told me they were contacting all inactive members. I don't know what to do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2012 05:37PM by 48erhater.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 05:40PM

I would send them copies of your final letters. Tell them to do what they need to do to get you off of the rolls *promptly*.

Date: July 30, 2012 05:41PM

Thanks

Posted by: judyblue ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 05:41PM

Do you still have the two final letters they sent you? If yes, scan a copy, send it to them with a threat to take legal action if they do not remove you from the rolls and tell the missionaries not to contact you again.

If not, you may have to send in another letter - notarized, and put tracking on it. Call them the day they are supposed to receive it, and tell them to process it immediately. Call them back every day until you get your letter again, then call AGAIN to confirm.

It'll be a huge hassle, yes, but if it means you don't get any more contact it might be worth it.

That's so messed up - I'm sorry you have to deal with it!

Date: July 30, 2012 05:44PM

Yeah I still have them. Which made me believe for two years I was actually resigned.

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 05:45PM

You were/are. They obviously received your resignation, so it is a record-keeping problem.

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 05:42PM

That's got to be disappointing to say the least! If you still have the two final letters, send them (notarized?) copies. If not, send them a resignation letter again.

Posted by: Levi ( )

I'm jealous.

I wish I could resign a second time!

Resign again!

Posted by: Mårv Fråndsen ( )

I presume you kept copies, right?

Send it all in and tell LDS Inc. to get its records straight.

If that doesn't work you get to resign all over again.

If that doesn't work then its lawyer time.

Best.

These things can be very annoying but keep in mind virtually all organizations screw up sometimes.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 05:51PM

Sounds like they got their training from AT&T who is still charging me for a phone line I cancelled in Nov and again in April. Every month I call them. Every month they modify the bill and tell me it is taken care of and every month they keep charging me. Ugh. I feel your pain.

Date: July 30, 2012 06:13PM

So I decided I will send copies of the two letters the morg sent me about my resignation. I also wrote a short letter telling how I found out I'm still listed and want them to process my resignation.

Posted by: OzDoc ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 08:45PM

I have posted before that I am amusing myself by waiting to see how long the cretins take to finalize this. Next week marks 3 years since I sent my letter to Greg Dodge & area membership in Sydney.

20 months later I received a saccharine letter from some poor sap saying he was my new bishop & that replying to his letter would enable the "Name Removal' to proceed.

Replied to him,further letter to Greg Dodge in SLC & area HQ in Sydney.

Crickets.......

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 08:52PM

Call your local bishop. Finish every sentence with the words 'G0d dammit you son of a b!tch'

Tell him you will be hosting copies of your original resignation and LDS acknowledgment at google documents and linking them everywhere you can find on the internet.

Also tell him you are filing a complaint with the police against him PERSONALLY for stalking.

That ought to rattle his cage a little.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2012 08:52PM by deco.

Posted by: labdork ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 10:49PM

Could someone post the contact info again? I resigned a year and a half ago, but never got my final out... Thanks!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.