Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sue ( )
Date: August 09, 2012 02:07AM

I came over here to post a link to this story! I had no idea that it was being discussed here. I just wanted to say thank you to all who have thanked me for doing the interview. It was a very hard decision. But the spector of having Romney as Pres. of this country tipped me over the edge. I know that my family will be very, very angry -- cause they just aren't taught at church to love unconditionally. I know I taught that to them at home, I made a point of it because I believed it was the core of the "gospel", but the church overrides all, and teaches only disdain for "the other". The reporter approached me, I didn't seek this out, and I was very appreciated of his care of me. He understood right away how difficult it was. It look me several days to say yes, and when I did we talked for a couple of hours. He called me several times to make sure what he'd written was correct. He will NEVER think of Mormonism as a benign organization again, I assure you! :-) Romney is the gift that never quits giving!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Flyer ( )
Date: August 09, 2012 08:12AM

Sue, thanks for being true to yourself and having the courage to speak your truth!

Posted by: runtu ( )
Date: August 09, 2012 08:37AM

Sue, you did a wonderful job! You go to the heart of why the church's image doesn't match the reality, and that is important for others to see.

Also, I didn't make the connection of Mitt's aloofness to his church leadership, but that makes sense now.

Anyway, great job.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: August 09, 2012 08:47AM

I emailed her yesterday. Your interview was outstanding! And the fact that you are a direct descendent of Brigham Young lends rock-solid credibility to your remarks. I think most Americans know his name and connect him to the origins of Mormonism.

Nicely done!

;o)

Posted by: omreven ( )
Date: August 09, 2012 09:09AM

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: August 09, 2012 09:19AM

Sue, you are a dear friend and now you are a hero to me as well.

I know how hard this was for you to do because you have tried to tiptoe around your family for years. I am sure there will be fallout.

You are a much stronger woman than I am when it comes to telling it like it is

Posted by: exmollymo ( )
Date: August 09, 2012 09:21AM

Great article! Thank you for doing this!

Posted by: Granola ( )
Date: August 09, 2012 10:14AM

+

Posted by: Aaron Hines ( )
Date: August 09, 2012 11:11AM

Congratulations and thank you for the interview! Spreading the truth about TSCC and helping discourage people to vote for Romney are both equally admirable goals.

Posted by: DeAnn ( )
Date: August 09, 2012 12:07PM

Just posted the link to the article on my Facebook status.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2012 12:08PM by DeAnn.

Posted by: CraigC ( )
Date: August 09, 2012 12:13PM

Posted by: Helen ( )
Date: August 09, 2012 12:21PM

Now how can we get Lawrence O'Donnell to read it?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.