Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cr@ig P@xton ( )
Date: August 10, 2012 02:04PM

Do not go and see the 2012 version of “Saturdays Voyeur” performed brilliantly by a very talented Salt Lake Acting Company cast….because you will certainly break Peter’s charge to avoid all light mindedness, loud laughter, evil speaking or poking fun of the Lord’s anointed, the taking of the Mormon God’s name in all good humor, and every other unholy, impure and FUN practice that ex-Mormon’s love.

If you disregard my warning you will be exposed to irreverent humor, scantily clad women, familiar tunes set to a Mormon themed verse and a brilliant cast performing a satirical slap in the face of the Mormon Moment, the Church Office Building, Church office employees, inflated Church membership, City Creek Mall, Proxy Baptism of Jews, Gayle Ruzicka, Republicans and of course Mitt Romney. Oh and you will also find yourself rolling uncontrollably in the isle with hysterical, gut wrenching, side aching, eye watering chortles, chuckles and guffaws…and every other synonym of loud laughter that you can think of. The very kind of loud laughter and light mindedness that only the Mormon god would disapprove of.

While there were many enchanting musical moments in Saturdays Voyeur, I particularly enjoyed listening to such Mormon themed tunes as “Proxy Girl” or “Hey Big Member” (Hey Big Spender) or 99 Red Bazooms (99 Red Balloons) Yes the girls actually hold up BYU mini-basketballs in an…ummm…manner as to induce impure thoughts…or Mitt Romney singing “The Mo-mos and the Homos Can't be Friends. (The Farmers and the Cowman should be Friends-Oklahoma).

The very talented cast stands up to the prevalent culture by skewering it with song, dance and verse…you will leave with a smile on your face and sense of hope in your heart…

This show is not for the white shirt and tie, modest, ankle length dress, go to church on Sunday crowd…they have their Music and the Spoken Word…this show is for the rest of us…

Absolutely LOVED this show…Cannot recommend it highly enough…we had a wonderful group of exmo's attend the show last night...it was fun to meet new people and laugh till it hurt...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: August 10, 2012 04:01PM

I was the guy who brought the Chex Party mix everyone raved about, the guac that was ignored, and passed on the "Green Jello shots" (I knew better; strictly Jack Mormon fare). For the folks wondering what the blue stuff was in my wine glass, it was Gatorade.

Cr@ig's a bit younger than I am, so I'm grateful for his memory. Plus he was a faithful TBM, and I joined the apostate ranks at about the age others were getting baptized.

One thing that was apparent to me was realizing that while we don't know the extent of the COB's monitoring this site, it's apparent the creators of this masterpiece stop in from time to time.

How else to explain references to DNA, Native Americans no longer being Lamanites, and Evergreen and electro-shock?

New York City has The Book of Mormon, the Musical, but that's strictly milk. Saturday's Voyeur is all meat.

And if any of you heretics have any old Johnny Lingo material lying around, please bring it to an Exmo Conference some time. There will be a free cab ride in it for you...

Posted by: Laban's Head ( )
Date: August 10, 2012 04:18PM

Used to see it every couple of years when I lived in Utah. Now I'm thinking that I am going to have to make a Saturday's Voyeur pilgrimage next summer. I'll have to spend the intervening year getting my lover up to speed on the mormon in-jokes so he can really enjoy it.

If we come out can we have another party with the green jello shots, quac and chex mix?

Posted by: Jong1064 ( )
Date: August 10, 2012 06:04PM

I agree - the show was amazing! I recommend wearing Depends, though. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time! It was also fun meeting some of the folks on here - Craig and Cabbie, and I didn't get the others' names. I would love to get together again and just talk. The net is great, but the conversation flows so much more smoothly in person.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.