Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Observer ( )
Date: August 19, 2012 11:38PM

I had a very interesting sunday afternoon readind in Wikipedia about J Smith. New to me was the Kirtland safety society and the contents of the nauvoo expositor. Also the destruction of the press. No wondering he got killed, how he dares to seduce the wifes of some of his close friends. I mean, the guy was really nuts. His bank story sound like some recent events. They didnt want to kill him because of his beliefs but because of his trespasses. Interesting readings today. Good nignt.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: romy ( )
Date: August 20, 2012 01:54AM

yep, not exactly the faith promoting crap you learn in sunday school. It blew my mind to find out how completely opposite JS really was from the guy TSCC paints him as.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: August 20, 2012 02:02AM

I remember being physically ill after reading the truth about the character of Joseph Smith. Some of it I had heard before in church, but it was always characterized as the lies of the enemies of God.

It was a big deal when they found the conviction record for Joseph Smith's looking glass trial. The church had always said it was a filthy lie.

Sigh

Anagrammy

Posted by: ambivalent exmo ( )
Date: August 20, 2012 02:07AM

I hear you.
I vomited on & off for 3 days as I
read and read and read.
It felt like the ground beneath my feet just fell away,
like negative g's.

You will get through this.
Just remember to be gentle with yourself.
And a punching bag comes in really handy.....

Posted by: Observer ( )
Date: August 20, 2012 10:39AM

Thanks, I just want to let you know that my discoveries in no way affect me or my well being. Really, I haven't place my trust on anyone or anything. Whatever he did in the past it doesn't affect me and I am really taking on the fact that I choose to be part of the religion, so I don't blame anyone. I am discoring many thing and I will get to the end of it. Then I will ask questions, hear the church's side of all this (because apparently everything I have found in fact it did happen) then I will make my decision.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.