Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: August 28, 2012 02:58PM

I'm on my phone, but I bet someone with a real computer can do some digging to see if this is just another rumor. Or how long until ALL marriage between two consenting adults is legal in CA?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: August 28, 2012 03:06PM

BREAKING: Chief Judge James Ware closes Prop 8 trial

By Scottie Thomaston

UPDATE 1: AFER’s response: “”There’s been some excitement today about activity in the Prop 8 case, but don’t worry: it’s just some housekeeping by the court, and has nothing to do with the judgement taking effect. Marriages can’t start until Ninth Circuit issues a mandate, and that’s pending a decision by the US Supreme Court. “”

UPDATE 2: From the article: “[Correction: A stay, or hold, of the case pending the Supreme Court's decision was granted by the Ninth Circuit, contrary to what was reported in an earlier version of this story.]”

In an order today, Chief Judge James Ware of the Northern District of California closed the Prop 8 Trial. Chris Geidner has more:

The order comes despite the fact that proponents of Proposition 8 have requested the Supreme Court to review the case because, Judge James Ware wrote today, all requests to stay the judgment in the case have been denied. The proponents made no request of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals or the Supreme Court to stay the case pending resolution by the Supreme Court.

It is not immediately clear what impact Ware’s order will have or whether the proponents of Proposition 8 will seek a stay of the order with a higher court.

We will have more on this story as we get more information.

http://www.prop8trialtracker.com/2012/08/27/breaking-chief-judge-james-ware-closes-prop-8-trial/

Posted by: jah ( )
Date: August 28, 2012 03:06PM

Wow, don't mind me - didn't even realize that was two years old when I looked at it. At least others were actually paying attention and posted meaningful information.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2012 03:48PM by jah.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.