Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: azexmo ( )
Date: September 03, 2012 05:49PM

First, I wanted to thank everyone who took the time to respond to my previous thread looking for resources to help my friend, Meri.

You guys gave me some really great starting points, and I've been researching many of the websites so I can help her navigate this maze, when the time is right.

Ryan died yesterday. While I wouldn't say it was surprising that he lost his battle with Metastatic Melanoma, I do think it has been a bit shocking to everyone at how fast he declined. He was, literally, still working less than a week ago.

Again, thank you for the links and suggestions you offered.

I'm very sad for my friend and her boys. My heart is very heavy today.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: September 03, 2012 06:11PM

If you come up with anything that I can do from a distance let me know. I wish I could help more.

Posted by: ambivalent exmo ( )
Date: September 03, 2012 06:18PM

I'm so sorry for your loss.
I'm here in az and
While I don't have extra$,
I can help any other way..
Email me and let me know what I can do.

Posted by: saviorself ( )
Date: September 03, 2012 06:21PM

Lilly TruAssist, a program by The Lilly company, maker of insulin, to provide free insulin to people who need it.

http://www.lillytruassist.com/Pages/index.aspx

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 03, 2012 06:47PM

I'm sorry that your friend lost her husband. That was very quick. I know that you will be a good source of support for her should she wish it.

Posted by: ducky333 ( )
Date: September 03, 2012 08:25PM

I'm so very sorry for your friend and his family. They are lucky to have a good friend like you.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: September 03, 2012 08:29PM

so sorry to hear that :( It sounds like everyone thought he may have a little longer than he really did which is always devastating.

Posted by: fabfeline4me ( )
Date: September 04, 2012 01:58AM

I just read that you are in AZ. CRS has an excellent diabetic/endocrine clinic. She can receive information through Maricopa Medical Center, St. Josephs and/or Phoenix Children's Hospital. This is through Children's Rehab Services. It sounds like this family would be eligible for other services through CRS as well. I worked for this organization, compassionate wonderful providers, staff, social workers. This program is through AHCCCS. If someone else already posted this suggestion, sorry,but this is such a great program for families with children with serious health problems.

I hope this was useful:)

Posted by: ambivalent exmo ( )
Date: September 04, 2012 02:00AM

Posted by: azexmo ( )
Date: September 04, 2012 05:46PM

Thanks, FabFeline4Me!!

I'm in AZ, but my friend is in Northern CA.

I have to admit that we do have some amazing Peds Endos in this area. I absolutely adore our doctor, and have heard nothing but wonderful things about the other docs in the area.

All three of her T1 boys wear insulin pumps...I think she has a good stockpile of pump supplies, but insulin may be a different story. I know there are many people in the diabetes community who love this family, and I'm quite sure no one will let those boys go without insulin while she figures out a long-term solution.

At any rate, I'll be attending the funeral Saturday morning. Aside from my grandfather's funeral 3 years ago, I haven't set foot in a church in almost 20 years. I'm sure it'll all seem so familiar...

Posted by: fabfeline4me ( )
Date: September 04, 2012 06:40PM

You are very welcome,and I am truly very sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you all.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.