Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 08:13PM

You should start a blog, post all of your stuff there and when there is an appropriate thread, post a link. I love your stuff but it makes the threads hard to read. Of course if you don't do that I will still read your stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2012 10:05AM by jacob.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: S. Tissue Trotter ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 09:17PM

Read the third sticky at the top of this site. It says no posts to exmo blogs, and why.

Date: September 08, 2012 09:27PM

I mean, no links. Of course, I'm such an old fogy, I don't know what a blog is. For example, it's ok to link to:
http:mormonthink.com
as that is not considered a blog, even though it is down to being a one-person operation.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 02:16AM

I think both are critically important and therefore will continue to provide them.

Readers deserve to know where the information trails are and to what they lead, in order to fact-check, cross-check and decide for themselves--via access to these channels--what is credible and what isn't.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2012 02:26AM by steve benson.

Date: September 09, 2012 12:36PM

Oh dear,Steve, I hope that wasn't aimed at me, the way the indenting looks.

I love links and everything you do. I was just explaining to the OP what the third sticky says.

Date: September 09, 2012 04:24PM

Posted by: LarryBeil ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 02:30PM

Yes, please don't stop Steve. You insights are a treasure trove to those seeking the final word on truth.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 09:18PM

What do you mean, hard to read, jacob? Hard, as in long?

I love the longer posts as they last while I eat my toast and tea, or my afternoon snacks, or my dinner, or a random tea and bikkie break - like a nice long newspaper article that lasts longer than a few seconds.

Of course, the interest factor is high too. If I don't have time though, I just come back later. I don't usually go off this board to somebody's blog. Plus, I think links to blogs are not allowed here. I may be wrong on that point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2012 09:20PM by Nightingale.

Posted by: ambivalent exmo ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 10:14PM

@Steve.
Don't change a thing.
I read every.single.post.
The level of research/links/references you provide is awesome
Love it.

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 02:43AM

+1

I've learned more about the truth of TSCC from Benson's posts than I ever did in four years of semi-conscious-nary or all the years of church meetings. I appreciate the work he puts in to provide references. It empowers people to search and verify for themselves.

Steve is like reading a "Vanity Fair" article. It's usually not a short read. You might have to read it in sections if you get interrupted. You're not going to get the "People" magazine paragraph-puff-piece, not that there's anything wrong with those posts. I enjoy those, too, and every once in a while Steve contributes one of those.

I hope Steve continues to post. The truths he posts piss some people off, but then it sets them free.

That's how I see it, anyway.

Posted by: Wandering ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 12:41AM

Agree wit Ambivalent Exmo! Go Steve!

Posted by: oxymormon ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 02:42AM

Steve-
Your posts are FANTASTIC!

When I first discovered this board, yours were the most concise and referenced posts I could find!

(and since your Grandpa was the only "prophet/seer/relevator" I'd ever SEEN in public [at the Anaheim convention center...I lied and said I had read the BOM in the past year in order to attend]) I find your "finger on the pulse" to be fascinating!

Maybe I'm fawning, but who cares? I love ya! Keep posting!
(brought to you by two margaritas and three beers!)

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 02:48AM

Steve,
You've helped me. Your experiences and passion for truth have been invaluable. I NEED info. You give that. Thanks, MIA

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2012 02:51AM by Mia.

Posted by: Yaqoob ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 09:13AM

Steve is pretty much the only reason I stick around. I want Steve to make a blog just so I can go there and see what's most exciting in the world of the church (and bypass the whiny drivel of people like the OP.)

And to the OP, you should be thankful that you can have someone like Steve on here...hes tied in, controversial, steeped in knowledge, and a gat damn journalist who knows how to make claims, offer information, separate spurious info from real facts, and do it with panache and with some brutally entertaining sarcasm...So to you OP I suppose I'm saying STFU, also think about it, Steve is a professional media figure, there are career implications for someone like him to simply start a blog.

Steve is also like #1 most famous exmo so he has exalted status. I remember when I was a kid my dad was all pissed off at Steve...it was awesome.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2012 09:23AM by Yaqoob.

Posted by: Ponti ( )
Date: September 10, 2012 09:22AM

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 09:27AM

I like Steve's post, and the sources diffidently strengthen his argument. Sometimes they do get a little long and hard to read though. I was thinking about suggesting the sources go in italics or something, for those who just want to skim, but I don't know if that would work, or if it is right for us to be so demanding of a guy who puts so much work already into his posts.

Date: September 09, 2012 04:21PM

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 09:59AM

I posted this and immediately regretted it. I broke a rule I made for myself when I first started posting on this board under a different name. Don't tell others how to post. I didn't mean to be an ass-munch, but since I broke my rule I will try and explain myself.

I too read Steve's posts, almost religiously. I see that he has posted something and I know that it is worth a look because time and time again he has provided well thought out, well researched, thorough information. Sometimes however I read this board for fun, this is something I ran into yesterday. I was reading a thread, laughing, and boom Brothers Karamazov. It was great info, it just interrupted my reverie. Steve you have my permission to do whatever the hell you want, (as if you need it).

As far as the blog, what I mean is a repository of all of the research that can be referred to. I realize that most of the info is already here so if I want it I can get to it.

Sorry all for my stupid post above.

Posted by: smithscars ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 10:13AM

Here's a vote for both.

I love your posts here, Steve, and wouldn't mind having a ready indexed source on a separate site for times I need certain info.

I am another very appreciative recipient of your extensive knowledge and experience you have had. I also acknowledge the high price you paid for such, plus the time & effort you have spent sharing that info with us.

Thanks Steve!

Posted by: mindlight ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 10:32AM

Steve ... I do read your posts and really enjoy them. I too, sit back get some munchies and read.
The search feature is pretty darn good here. I can pull up so many subjects. I have to be top of my comprehesion skills with you and sometimes read things twice. All the better.
I like to stretch, sometimes it hurts but it helps me find answers.

Posted by: libertad ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 05:38PM

We all love Steve. When I left I remember reading your wife's story of leaving. It really inspired me to be strong. Please thank her for me.

Date: September 09, 2012 07:15PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.