Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: smithscars ( )
Date: September 19, 2012 08:21AM

I was watching the promo video on the lds website for the upcoming general conference and noticed the comments that they love listening to the prophet & apostles and are inspired to follow their example.

What example is that? To become educated, successful in business and work your way up the church ladder?

I can't think of a lot of selfless love examples because the wealth of the church, the welfare system and their all paid expenses makes them not have to sacrifice so much.

I'm going to be talking to my Mormon friends and family about it in more depth and I would like your opinions to help me prepare in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2012 08:26AM by smithscars.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Craig ( )
Date: September 19, 2012 10:49AM

About 25 years ago, give or take about 3 years, I worked at a small auto repair shop in American Fork. The infamous Paul H. Dunn came in to have the owner, an ubber TBM, look at his $50,000 dollar BMW because the owner specialized in German cars. I was the service manager so I got to be at the front desk while Mr. Holier Than Thou waited. First I noticed that he purchased a Pepsi from the vending machine. Keep in mind this was back when Pepsi and all caffeinated drinks were taboo. He drank one, then bought another. Finally my boss came out and began to tell him what was wrong with his car and what it would take to fix it. My boss was honest to a fault so he was in no way trying to screw good ole PHD and in fact he cut about $500 dollars off of the total just because of who he was.

PHD flew into a rage I don't think I have ever seen equaled in my life. I heard language the likes of which I wouldn't expect to hear in a bar, let alone come from the lips of someone so high up in the morg with the "F-bomb" flying freely amongst all the other colorful language. He accused my boss of trying to rob him because he knew the church was paying for this repair. He was MOST UNchristlike and in the end he demanded his "fucking car keys" and stormed out the door.

My boss and I just stood there looking at each other then my boss said, "that was interesting" and went back to work.

Is that the kind of example you are talking about? lol!!!

Posted by: smithscars ( )
Date: September 19, 2012 11:03AM

Lol... Inspiring to me as an X

Paul Dunn .... My spell check corrected it to Paul Dumb... 'Nuff said

We used to have general authorities stay at our house for stake conferences and I was always amazed at the arrogance and condescending attitudes they showed in private

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2012 11:05AM by smithscars.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 19, 2012 11:14AM

one Must conclude that they were so detached from Reality... either that or they 'just didn't get it' that those children (and parents) would notice.

Posted by: NeverbeenaMormon ( )
Date: September 19, 2012 11:20AM

What was the 'heavy penalty' that Dunn received?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.