Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: EXMO or MO ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 01:23AM

Did any of you keep in touch with people you taught and baptized on your mission? And what happened when you went exmo? Did you feel obligated to tell them all? Just the ones you were in contact with? or what?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 02:23AM

There are some people from the Philippines I have keep in contact. None of them are my converts though. One was a supremely cute neighbor who was totally into me. We talk all the time on Facebook.

I doubt I would be able to find any of them. I am willing to bet that most if not all are inactive. Most of my converts were young women.

I'd like to talk to all of them and tell them that I unknowingly lied to them and they should get out.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 02:28AM

If I had been a missionary, I would try my best through any means to tell them of your change of heart. Doesn't mean they will follow you out, but it would give you peace of mind. And some may just say....I really didn't believe and now I have a reason to leave.

Posted by: Dave2012 ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 02:35AM

I knew that I wouldn't help them, a person is going to believe what they believe; If I stepped in now, it would do more damage to them at my own satisfaction...

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: September 22, 2012 02:57AM

I still recoil in horror remembering the time I "counciled" a convert during a baptismal "worthiness" interview vis a vis the law of chastity. Yes, me; a smug, zitty, 20 year old know-nothing about anything, rebuked an attractive, intelligent ( I suppose that is questionable given her willingness to convert) woman in her thirties about her normal and healthy ( and much better than mine has ever been) sex life. What a tool. It is a miracle I can sleep at night.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.