Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: September 24, 2012 05:01PM

Since 1957, I have had the time and finances permitting to---
Learn to fly small aircraft, make crazy quilts, read thousands of good books, travel to over 12 foreign countries and raise four children.
On my own, I have seen all of our United States, lived in a camp trailer,and worked as nanny, janitor( paid ) and substitute teacher.
that was before I went back to college for a Masters.
this chain of thought was kicked off by the Raptor's Sunday morning thread.
I often ponder on the so boring life of those who are caught in the web of mandatory time in weekly Sunday prison.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: September 24, 2012 05:04PM

Nice. I've taken up guitar, learned to grow a herb garden, and spent loads more time with my kids.

But I'm interested in the crazy quilts you make. I'm trying to make one myself and was wondering if you could recommend any good websites/books etc. that would help. I have the basic idea but any suggestions would be helpful.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: September 24, 2012 05:08PM

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: September 24, 2012 05:17PM

Regarding those crazy quilts, I never used a pattern which is why they are crazy!
since I made all the little girl dresses for years, I saved the scraps, and every one in the family got a quilt for sitting in front of the t.v.The most interesting thing was re using the covers on shoulder pads and embroidering everything with a blanket stitch.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2012 05:17PM by librarian.

Posted by: charles, buddhist punk ( )
Date: September 24, 2012 05:07PM

My sibling, whom I have great hope will one day leave the church, is taking times off from that weekly prison by going on road trips (if they can sneak it by their spouse that is). They used to work out of state so was on the road a lot and sometimes got out of Sunday duties. But still no huge accomplishments.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.