Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: September 24, 2012 02:20PM

Does anyone else find it curious that many of the posters who think that there is no connection to David's possible excommunication and his articles about Romney are brand new to the board???? Hmmm... Sounds to me like the great and abominable church is trying to do a little cleanup.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: September 24, 2012 02:25PM

I do find it curious.

I also find it funny that the mormon church thinks the alternative explanation sounds better, which seems to be, "well, we are kicking him out because he told someone some facts that make it sounds like the mormon church is not truthful."

I think even some ex-mormons think that alternative explanation is valid and reasonable. From the view of at least this non-mormon, that explanation is an equally absurd reason to kick someone out of a church. What, someone expresses an opinion (or states a fact), and they get kicked out of the church? What kind of insanity is that? What kind of fear drives that type of reaction?

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: September 24, 2012 02:28PM

The con-man kind. Fear of having to get a real job, because the suckers stop paying.

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: September 24, 2012 02:27PM

I am not sure what the real deal is...but the smell shesa no rosy!

Posted by: rt ( )
Date: September 24, 2012 04:38PM

Well, he did change his story twice. It was about Romney... o no, I don't think it was...on second thought, I now again think it was.

Think first vision...

Apart from that, if you have to choose between a get-our-man-in-the-white-house conspiracy by the top brass and a case of bad timing, Occam's razor and TSCC's record do make the second option more likely.

All I've heard in favour of the romney-connection is that it's too much of a coincidence but that is a logical fallacy. Unless that claim is backed up by evidence, it's probably just that: a coincidence.

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: September 24, 2012 04:50PM

Who cares? Do you think the reason tscc gives for setting a disciplinary hearing makes tscc look any better? Either way, tscc is showing themselves to be the deluded fools they are.

Posted by: charles, buddhist punk ( )
Date: September 24, 2012 05:02PM

rt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> All I've heard in favour of the romney-connection
> is that it's too much of a coincidence but that is
> a logical fallacy. Unless that claim is backed up
> by evidence, it's probably just that: a
> coincidence.

And that's where the issue begins, the lack of evidence on the cult's part. TSCC has to prove "apostasy". The stake president wouldn't or couldn't point out which doctrinal parts of the website are inaccurate or outright false to shore up his claims that Twede was leading people astray. Twede offered to remove the offensive parts and the stake president basically replied 'the text doesn't matter, we want to kick your ass out.'

So now we're only left to make educated guesses and the only "tell" we have from the stake president are his comments that 'they're not political' or 'some people upstairs vote for Obama'. I mean it doesn't take too much imagination to know where they're going with this.

Posted by: rt ( )
Date: September 25, 2012 10:17AM

charles, buddhist punk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So now we're only left to make educated guesses
> and the only "tell" we have from the stake
> president are his comments that 'they're not
> political' or 'some people upstairs vote for
> Obama'. I mean it doesn't take too much
> imagination to know where they're going with this.

"Imagination" being the operative word here. Just because one event follows another is not enough to establish a causal connection.

To me, the most interesting aspect of this case is the fact that it is so obviously directed from some central point. I haven't seen that done so blatantly before.

Posted by: What is Wanted ( )
Date: September 25, 2012 11:20AM

When his Stake President says "I am not a political man" and hands him a letter for excommunication.....

It can confuse a person as to their exact motives especially when they can not point out what exactly David said that was not truthful.

Did everyone forget the only reason you can not talk about the temple ritual is because that was one of the Masonic parts Joseph borrowed?

Posted by: jesuscrisco ( )
Date: September 25, 2012 10:38AM

I can't be the only person who both appreciates mormonthink and also acknowledges it as an anti-mormon site.

Mormonism is an all-or-nothing religion. That's just the way it is. If you're a member in good standing and you question the leadership, you're no longer a member in good standing. Period.

If you run a website that claims the church leadership is deceiving their flock by misrepresenting church history and doctrine, then you are anti-mormon, which is fantastic.

Mormonthink exposes mormonism as a fraud. If it didn't, nobody here would send their friends over there.

Whether the timing of the inquisition coincides with the Romney stuff is irrelevant. Twede has no business pretending to be all "oh me-oh my, i'm just trying to keep it honest." No sir, you're not. You're championing truth, no doubt. But you're not keeping it honest if you claim to be a TBM who knows the church is true while providing evidence to the masses on why it's not.

Of course, this is all just one person's opinion.

Posted by: saviorself ( )
Date: September 25, 2012 11:13AM

+1000

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: September 25, 2012 11:20AM

Ya gotta pick a side. He couldn't really be a TBM while editing that site! It's a great site, but dude... get real.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.