Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: September 25, 2012 12:05PM

I've got a cold. :-(

My head feels like a cannonball, my eyes are itchy and my nasal passages are like two little factories.

Do exmos have any magical powers anymore? Some you stashed away for later? Surely there must be some leftovers.

If so, are proxy e-blessings possible?

Should I await for my cold to be cured by resting my head on my laptop or should I drag my sorry ass to the drugstore for some decongestant?

( I have a class in three hours so get a move on any miracles, eh? ;-) )

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rise ( )
Date: September 25, 2012 12:07PM

Demon of the cold virus, I cast thee out and go forth from wince thee art formeth!

Date: September 25, 2012 12:17PM

Nope. Nothing. :-(

But now on top of a cold I have a toothache. Gee, thanks, rise... It could have been from drinking ice-cold water but I the timing was perfect... beware of exmo powers!

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: September 25, 2012 12:19PM

FYI...for me, a bad sinus infection will migrate to my teeth nerves, also giving me a toothache feel. When the sinus infection is gone...so is my toothache

Posted by: pigsinzen ( )
Date: September 25, 2012 12:37PM

Spaghetti Oh, by authority of the holy monkeydick priesthood, I hereby give you this blessing. I ask thee to take counsel in the lord and go to the store and get some nyquil. Maybe some sudafed. If you do these things you will be blessed with the possibility of feeling better.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: September 25, 2012 12:40PM

Amen!

Date: September 25, 2012 12:51PM

Damnit I forgot...In the name of Jesus Christ Amen!

Date: September 25, 2012 01:00PM

Oh that's probably why I'm still in my jammies sitting here on my ass then. ;-)

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: September 25, 2012 12:21PM

http://www.e-water.net/viewflash.php?flash=irishblessing_en

Although nearly all the Irish blessings I know involve Jamison's whisky, and I can think of a few Irish who don't even know what water tastes like. <jk)

Date: September 25, 2012 12:36PM

That was beautiful, thanks!

...although I was expecting Father Ted to pop up somewhere in it. ;-)

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: September 25, 2012 12:40PM

The priesthood holders are onto something with the olive oil but it is much more effective to put the olive oil up your nose than on your scalp. The blessing is optional.

Date: September 25, 2012 12:57PM

Up my nose?!

Maybe it's just me but I associate olive oil with food and I'd like to keep that association strictly intact! lol!

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: September 25, 2012 01:30PM

Its just that whenever I have had tastings of the really good olive oils I have noticed besides being delicious that they are soothing on the throat. I just thought it might feel nice up the nose too, and you don't have to wash your hair after.

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: September 25, 2012 01:00PM

I still have all the priesthood power I ever had...

Spaghetti oh, in the name of Cheese and Rice I bless you that if it be the Flying Spaghetti Monster's will, you will be healed in It's own due time, and if you are not healed you will serve a great mission for pastafarians everywhere in the hereafter. However, whatever happens, just know that RFM loves you. Ramen!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2012 01:08PM by kimball.

Date: September 25, 2012 01:05PM

Ramen! Of course! I shall go eat of bowl of steamy noodles! I feel better already! Thank you, kimball. :-)

Date: September 25, 2012 04:02PM

+99

Posted by: footdoc ( )
Date: September 25, 2012 01:27PM

I ODIN'S name and by THOR's Hammer, I cast out the demon cold and say be filled with the COLD of the NORTH!!

Posted by: John_Lyle ( )
Date: September 25, 2012 05:37PM

By Grapthar's Hammer, I command you....

(Too obscure, I know... Galaxy Quest)

Posted by: nickname ( )
Date: September 25, 2012 01:44PM

By the power of Grayskull!!!

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: September 25, 2012 01:50PM

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: September 25, 2012 01:54PM

The power of the dentist, Excedrin and Nyquil will prove to be a bit more dependable than a PH blessing, I think. The guy blessing you may have masturbated with that hand somewhere in his past and thus become totally ineffective.

Posted by: rise ( )
Date: September 25, 2012 01:58PM

Hahaha +112

Posted by: Ponti ( )
Date: September 25, 2012 01:57PM

I was about ready to cast the demonic bacteria out of your body, having some magic still left in these hands, but then I read your post. You compared you nasal passages to two little factories, and I couldn't get the image out of my mind (i.e. BKP qoute and all). To give a blessing I must be perfectly in tune, and that picture unfortunately will not leave my mind right now.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 25, 2012 03:01PM

Never one time since I received the priesthood did I feel like I had the power to do anything. Was I supposed to feel something special?

Ron Burr

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: September 25, 2012 03:16PM

The only effective use of PP was in giving blessings to those who were soon to depart this world. The other blessings had little effect.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 25, 2012 05:45PM

I was asked to stand in the circle at both of my parents death beds while they were given blessings. In the case of my Mom, Dad initiated it but when he was near death one of his friends asked if he could offer a blessing. More out of respect for this man, our former bishop who I love dearly to this day and the fact I loved my father dearly, I agreed. I felt nothing during or after each ceremony, and would not have asked for a blessing for Dad on my own. Waste of time....

Ron Burr

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2012 05:46PM by Lethbridge Reprobate.

Posted by: John_Lyle ( )
Date: September 25, 2012 03:46PM

Spaghetti, Hi!

This is Joe Smith. God's busy right now, so I am picking up the slack...

Take two shots of Nyquil, followed by an 8 oz. glass of scotch laced with honey and Rock Star Energy drink...

That will either cure you or kill you.

Gotta go... You can't imagine how busy it is being a god...

Posted by: stbleaving ( )
Date: September 25, 2012 03:54PM

As a female, I don't have any priesthood power...except if we were in the temple, and I was still a worker, then I could perform an initiatory on you, but that's not going to heal your cold and might freak both of us out a little bit...anyhoo, I'm chiming in to say that I hope you can get some rest and that you feel better very, very soon.

Posted by: ghost buster ( )
Date: September 25, 2012 04:20PM

Well I bless you that in a few days your cold will depart your body and you will be healed.

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: September 25, 2012 05:27PM

all the kings, presidents, and popes of all the earth combined. And even then I couldn't cure anyone. Sorry!

My recipe: make yourself a hot camomile infusion, a tablespoon of honey, and a shot of Drambuie. It might not cure you, but you'll feel soothed.

Get well soon!

Posted by: jw the inquizzinator ( )
Date: September 25, 2012 05:32PM

to expose my hairy armpit and say

"And it came to pass that thou hast been infiltrated by the anti-lehi-nephi-rhyno virus of zarahelma. I do utterly cast it off as if slinging a booger in your general direction. With the fur of a curelom, I say Pay Lay El and health in the navel to thee....may the spirit of Fanny Alger attack the demon virus as if it were the genitals of JS....in the name of cheese and rice....Amen"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.