Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: October 01, 2012 10:16PM

Driving through west L.A. I see banners for the BoM musical hanging from utility poles all up and down the street. From the right angles you can see the banners and the actual temple in the background.

I wonder how the SoCal saints are feeling about the show.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: DeAnn ( )
Date: October 01, 2012 10:20PM

I wonder how many saints actually attend the show.

As I reported a couple of weeks ago, I was incredibly entertained by the three full page ads the church had in the Playbill.

The gist of the ads is that "The Book is better."

I found that hysterically funny.

The Book is better?

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: October 02, 2012 12:44AM

Up until the Book of Mormon play, I had only seen one production that was better than the book. That was Woody Allen's Everthing You Always Wanted to Know About Sex.

I saw The Book of Mormon play on line, and it was far better than the lousy book. heh heh...

Posted by: judyblue ( )
Date: October 02, 2012 01:00PM

I saw the show in LA a couple of weeks ago, and I'm seeing it again this Friday. A nevermo friend from SLC is coming down to see it with me.

The "You've Seen the Play - Now Read the Book!" ads cracked me up, as well.

I really wonder how it would play out if the tour went to SLC. My parents have season tickets to the Broadway touring shows they put on at the Capitol. They would definitely go if they had the chance. My TBM sister saw it on a trip to NYC, and loved it. And of course, non-mormons in Utah would probably eat it up. But it would be entertaining to see all the protests and cries of persecution.

Posted by: Jersey Girl ( )
Date: October 02, 2012 01:42PM

My son and his girlfriend saw it in L.A. and loved it. We are nevermos, but the last time he came home to visit he wore his work clothes, black pants and white long-sleeved shirt. My first comment was "oh no, you look like a Mormon missionary"! I asked if he wore his missionary outfit to the play, but he said no,

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.