Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cantbsabser ( )
Date: October 06, 2012 05:22PM

they are not doing this to get more missionaries out there, the only reason is until a kids goes off to college they are less likely to investigate the churchs history. while under mommys and daddys roof they are for the most part kept in the dark about the churchs problems. this is just away to keep more in the fold as a opposed to bringing more converts in.

eliminate the opportunity for these kids to into a atmoshere where they can think for themselves. straight from high school to a mission is them circiling the wagons.

truly this is a inspired miracle for the living lord!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: confusedkim ( )
Date: October 06, 2012 05:48PM

This is exactly what I thought when I heard. Its a control tactic. As soon as those hormonal boys graduate they will have no time to think for themselves or have fun. It disgusts me.

Posted by: ladybug ( )
Date: October 06, 2012 06:33PM

Yup, this way they won't even have to apply for college and get tempted with scholorships and such...

Posted by: toto ( )
Date: October 06, 2012 06:38PM

My first thought was about wartime service and the draft. They're saving Mormon boys from getting killed if they go on a mission instead.

Posted by: Exmo Dad ( )
Date: October 06, 2012 11:34PM

That's an interesting thought. Maybe they anticipate another war and Mormon boys can be exempt.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.