Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: welshwisdom ( )
Date: October 05, 2012 04:53AM

hi everyone just to update, i got my exit letter yesterday, thanks to thatsnotmyname, i have to admit i basically lifted what you said you'd written, which had the desired effect, the letter i received says that my resignation is effective immediately, job done! if anyone from the uk wants to resign, i sent my letter to solihul and the chap you need to write to is jeanclaude van tonder who is the area msr manager, the address follows;

church of cheese on rice and rattlesnake eggs
751 warwick road
solihull
west midlands
b91 3dq

the little name change was something a missionary told me that always stuck and still makes me giggle.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elaine Dalton ( )
Date: October 05, 2012 05:11AM

I'm from the UK and resigned also, I did it via email. Much quicker and you know it definitely got there. I got a reply from Jeanclaude within 3 days.

Date: October 05, 2012 09:14AM

ah i'm really pleased for you, i wasn't sure of the email address so thought i'd go the snail mail route instead, i posted my letter last friday and had my letter yesterday, i'm pleased with just under a week. do you happen to still have the email address by any chance elaine?

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: October 05, 2012 11:17AM

Posted by: NeverbeenaMormon ( )
Date: October 05, 2012 12:27PM

I'm from the UK but (obviously) have never been LDS. I'm pleased to hear that you've left the 'church' though, congrats!
P.S Anyone else find the name Jeanclaude Van Tonder funny?.....nope just me *giggle*

Posted by: onendagus ( )
Date: October 05, 2012 12:33PM

Its "Church of Cheese and Rice and Rattling Snakes" Get it right! And yes, i did a mission there.

Edit to add: Being prone to lightmindedness, we actually used that phrase on a door approach a time or two.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2012 12:35PM by onendagus.

Date: October 08, 2012 03:38AM

it's what elder fisher taught me! it's clear in my head is that

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: October 08, 2012 08:44AM

I agree welshwisdom, your version holds the same cadence as the corporate name.

Both are funny, though. Carry on.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 05, 2012 02:14PM

Posted by: dazed11 ( )
Date: October 05, 2012 06:02PM

Sounds like they are a lot more efficient at processing the resignations in the UK than in Salt Lake. Here it seems to make most people a couple months and they usually get an invitation to return first in the mail.

Date: October 08, 2012 03:41AM

from what i've heard it does seem to be quicker to get out here. maybe tscc isn't too fussed about the english members..?

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: October 08, 2012 08:39AM

The Church in the UK is a stagnant pond.
Membership hasn't grown noticeably in the last five years, activity and new convert retention rates are abysmal.

There are only 188,000 claimed members, so I would expect the number of resignations to be minimal in comparison to the droves leaving in America.

Date: October 08, 2012 10:45AM

i thought as much, the branch i was in has ceased to be in 2004, the members now go to mansfield and everyone i knew who converted at the same time as me have all left now.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.