Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: FormerLatterClimber ( )
Date: October 08, 2012 06:45PM

I guess we'll just agree to disagree. I didn't realize having an opinion was getting in 'their goddamn business.' And I do NOT believe they actually think they're doing what's right unless they are a sociopath with no moral compass. Gut check: it's wrong. My paradigm seems completely different than yours. It's OK to disagree.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: October 08, 2012 06:50PM

that amounts to getting in their goddamn business.
You may have all the opinions you want on whether it's a good or bad thing, but as soon as you want to use government force to impose your will on others -- that's where we have to draw the line.
I happen to agree that the situation is bad for the kids AND for the women -- it's stupid and harmful. BUT it's not illegal and should not be.
I have the same feelings about fundie Xians and Messianics and all those crazy people who inflict that on their families. I despise it. But if you can't prove abuse or neglect, you can't do anything about it. It's legal. Crazy is legal.

Date: October 08, 2012 06:55PM

Ahh, then I guess we do agree. I don't see anything the law can do either unless, as I stated the children speak up, which is improbable. And thank goodness I'm not a lawmaker/enforcer. That's one toughy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2012 06:58PM by FormerLatterClimber.

Date: October 08, 2012 07:06PM

The only thing I can see the law doing is increasing social workers. Talk about government, polygamy, through the transitive property of consequences, is a Succubus on our system.

OK, now I'm done. I've beaten the tapir to death.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.