Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SaxGirl07 ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 04:46PM

A Mormon girl (converted for her now ex-boyfriend, but denies it) posted this on her facebook today:

"Was getting sick of looking up lesson material and getting ex-Mormon sites in my search results. Then I found out you can block certain sites from your Google searches. YES!"

I didn't respond on her page, but I posted as my status:

"I'm a firm believer that if one wants to effectively advocate for her position, she needs to know the arguments of the opposition. Then, and only then, can she create effective arguments for her position on whatever topic it may be."

What do you think? How would you have responded? I felt like posting on her comment that she should stick to lds.org and mormon.org if she is worried about that. Does she honestly think the internet is full of pro-Mormon material. BTW, she knows I am an ex-mormon. I have told her I respect her decision to be Mormon even though I don't agree with it. We were friends before she became Mormon and I told her I just want her to be happy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dallin A. Chokes ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 05:56PM

Doesn't she know she's not SUPPOSED to be looking up extra stuff on the internet? Sheesh--that's how they GET you! (i.e., you only get to teach all the boring, boring, boring stuff that's in the manual).

Posted by: SaxGirl07 ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 06:21PM

True! I wondered why she was searching via Google anyways the "church" has all she needs lol

Posted by: wittyname ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 06:38PM

I doubt she'll get the connection if she even sees the status update, and everyone else you know will have no idea what you are talking about and think you're just vaguebooking.

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 06:43PM

So she was a hormonal convert, the guy ditched her, and she's dumb enough to stay?

Don't worry: she is her own reward. LOL!

Posted by: popeyes ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 12:51AM

Tommy should get the city counsel to go over and destroy Google.

Posted by: John_Lyle ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 06:34PM

The MORmON Church vs. Google?

That would be a great idea!

That's one the church would lose...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.