Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: October 19, 2012 12:08AM

My husband asked me to put together a list of websites and books to give to a friend. That was easy.

DH and his friend are going hunting together this weekend. We've been gradually breaking the news to him and his wife over the last year. I think they're about done, and the shelves are about ready to crash. Nothing like an exmormon chat around the campfire.

This is a big family from our old ward. Very well to do. The ward will certainly feel it when them and their offspring stop giving them money. I'm pretty sure they're the top tithe payers in the ward.

They've been struggling for years. He's been bishop, and she's been rsp. more than once. They have a big family. Several of their children have already left the church. I think it's just a matter of a little time and information. I think they would be so much happier away from the insanity.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Re ( )
Date: October 19, 2012 12:10AM

Posted by: pigsinzen ( )
Date: October 19, 2012 12:12AM

Your husband needs to point out the weight that the church unneccesarily puts on its member's shoulders. Have him get the guy to imagine what it would be like without all the stress, without the need to prove one's worthiness. How it would be to feel free.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: October 19, 2012 12:27AM

One of the reasons I think this guy is ready to leave is because I think he has a pretty good idea about that.

He's a convert that joined when he was about 30. His wife is the one that's going to be difficult. She's a bic that was raised in Utah. Hopefully she will cut loose along with her husband.

They've been used up by the church. They're tired, and just want some peace and time to themselves. I think the time is right.

Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: October 19, 2012 12:50AM

You're awesome! We are chipping away at some of our friends too, as they inquire more closely into what happened with us. Keep us updated!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.