Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: October 25, 2012 11:26AM

Yesterday, I was reading a very entertaining blog by a young lady whose writings I found after she had commented on my blog. The post I was reading was written a couple of years ago. It was about Jessica Beagley, the "hot sauce mom" who was on Dr. Phil in 2010. I would say about 99% of the people I've talked to who saw that show would agree that Jessica Beagley was out of control and abusive toward her six year old adopted son from Russia.

Anyway, my blogger friend had expressed some very articulate thoughts on Jessica Beagley and her abusive behavior. She got a comment from a 31 year old LDS mother of six who claims to know Sister Beagley personally. This commenter left a very insulting and somewhat abusive comment, basically lambasting my blogger friend for being a "know-it-all, misfit adolescent". To her credit, the young lady responded in a very measured, mature way that made her appear to be much older and wiser than the LDS mom of six. But I was still a little shocked by the vitriol this supposedly loving mom of six left, so I clicked on her profile.

On her profile, the LDS mom of six wrote:

"When your science teacher smashed a frozen rose with a hammer, did you warm the petals to bring them back to life?

This never happened in my science class. however, my Laurel class instructor crushed a rose to show that lost purity is never regained."

I felt a little sickened by reading that, so I checked out her blog, which only has six entries, most of which are quoted "scriptures" from LDS books. However, there was one entry that was very interesting to me... It was directed toward the teenaged girl who had blogged about Jessica Beagley. It was basically a rant about how this very bright teenaged blogger was wrong to criticize Jessica Beagley and "needed to be slapped" for expressing her opinion in what she considered a rude and impudent way. Here's a direct quote from her blog-- I redacted the original blogger's name because she's a teenager who may not appreciate the attention.

She wrote: "[Teenaged blogger] needs to be slapped. I don't know who her parents are, but they must rein this child in before she does more damage than she has already done. If I had more time I would start a "Slap [Teenaged blogger]!" campaign. Children and teens need to repect their elders who are also their betters in every sense of the word. Or even better, perhaps this young [Teenaged blogger] needs a dose of hot sauce and a cold shower herself.

Mr. and Mrs. [Teenaged blogger] if you're reading get your child under control before someone else does it for you."

Wow... anger issues much? And she admires Jessica Beagley's parenting skills, which makes me a little sad for her kids. Holy smokes.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2012 01:57PM by knotheadusc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: momjeans ( )
Date: October 25, 2012 11:30AM

Sister Beagley? Did I read that right?

Date: October 25, 2012 11:32AM

Sister Beagley is what the sick mommy blogger called Jessica Beagley. She's definitely not my sister!

Posted by: flyboy21 ( )
Date: October 25, 2012 11:31AM

Sounds like a woman with a serious screw loose. It scares me how many of these there are out there.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: October 25, 2012 12:07PM

Yup, that woman's kids'll learn their lesson, by dog! Violence is good. Yes sirree, hitting, shoving, hurting, and showing power by forceful means like the oh-so-ingenious hot sause is the way to go to raise them kids right. Got a problem? Punch, kick, hit, throw, hurt 'em! When they go out in the world and start beating the poop out of other children, yeah, that means all's right with the world!

Scuse me.... gotta go. Don't feel so good.

::::::::::::::glurg, glurg:::::::::::::::

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: October 25, 2012 12:37PM

Make sure they get a link to her blog so they can see for themselves what an angry and violent person she is. If she has children, they need protection.

Date: October 25, 2012 12:40PM

The post referenced is about two years old. According to her profile, she's in Idaho.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2012 12:40PM by knotheadusc.

Posted by: Eliza Snow-job ( )
Date: October 25, 2012 12:54PM

I can't decide if religion ruins people or if unhealthy people are attracted to religion....

Date: October 25, 2012 01:59PM

She had a birthday party for Joseph Smith, too...

>>"My family is commemorating a Very Special Holiday this evening, We're celebrating the birthday of The Prophet Joeph Smith, Prophet, Seer, and Revelator, Restorer of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We had an elegant birthday dinner for The Prophet. Each family member has wrapped a gift for the Prophet, which the Patriarch of our home will open. Then we'll sing "Praise to the Man," "Oh, How Lovely was the Morning," and "Oh Give me Back My Prophet Dear." Following the singing of hymns, we will sing "Happy Birthday, Dear Prophet" as we take turns blowing out the candles on his cake ((38 to honor his final birthday)) one by one. When the last candle has been extinguished, we silently take the cake into the backyard of our apartment complext and bury it in the yard.

It is so important at this time of celebrating Christmas that we also remember the life and sacrifices of The Prophet Joseph Smith. It is so important that we do this in our children's informative years. In the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen."<<

Kind of reminds me of North Korea.

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: October 25, 2012 02:20PM

Whaaaa? Are you saying you don't bake a birthday cake from scratch for ol' HoJo every Smithmas? What kind of a nevermo are you? ;p

I'm sure her six kids are sooooo happy they chose in the pre-existence for this woman to be their mommy in their second estate.

How clueless can an adult woman be to publicly threaten assault of a minor. If she's willing to do that to a stranger's child, I am sickened to think about what her own children suffer in the privacy of their own hell, errrr, home. People are rarely (maybe never) better to their own family than they are to outsiders.

Posted by: frankiepup ( )
Date: October 25, 2012 03:19PM

Okay, I can understand celebrating the birthday of someone you venerate as a family. I mean, we have national holidays to celebrate the birthdays of people who have done great things for America (and people who have done...interesting things for America, and I'm looking at YOU, Chris Columbus) but I always thought birthday holidays and celebrations were supposed to be, you know, fun. Like, "We're really happy you were born! We're going to eat good things and sing songs and wear funny hats! Because it makes us feel good that you were born!"

And then they took the cake and buried it in the back yard.

And my creep-o-meter pegged in the RED ZONE.

Posted by: wittyname ( )
Date: October 25, 2012 03:37PM

knotheadusc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> She had a birthday party for Joseph Smith, too...
>
> It is so important at this time of celebrating
> Christmas that we also remember the life and
> sacrifices of The Prophet Joseph Smith. It is so
> important that we do this in our children's
> informative years. IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST,
> AMEN." [emphasis added]<<

Don't get me wrong, the whole ceremony is crazypants. But that's some irony right there. Blah, blah, blah about nothing related to jesus, blah, blah, blah, cult leader worship, blah, blah, blah, joseph smith.... in the name of Jesus Christ. One thing has nothing to do with the other, how does she not see it. Also, does she bury a cake for Jesus on Christmas (either the celebrated date or on the supposed real date)? Doubtful. So no cake for Jesus? It is, after all, the church of JESUS CHRIST of latter day saints (as they like to emphasize when claiming to be christian).

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: October 25, 2012 08:48PM

Child welfare needs to see this crap.

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: October 25, 2012 08:57PM

They can bury wedding cakes.

Posted by: John_Lyle ( )
Date: October 25, 2012 02:07PM

She does realize Bagley was arrested, prosecuted and admitted guilt to child abuse?

Date: October 25, 2012 02:11PM

Again, this was all posted when it was first in the news, which was about a year before Jessica got the book thrown at her. Her blog is only six entries. I guess she was overcome by life.

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: October 25, 2012 08:51PM

Posted by: Chicken'n'Backpacks ( )
Date: October 25, 2012 02:18PM

"When the last candle has been extinguished, we silently take the cake into the backyard of our apartment complext and bury it in the yard."

May I be the first to say......creeeeepy.....

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: October 25, 2012 09:52PM

Silently? Bahhh! If they truly, madly, deeply loved Joseph Smith they would have a Hallmark talking birthday card custom made that said, "Is there no birthday cake for the widow's son?" and then they could bury the cake with Joe's card for time and eternity (or until the crawly things finish off the cake) and make Joe one happy birthday boy. Ahhhh-men

Date: October 25, 2012 10:00PM

"is there no cake for the widow's son" AhAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

Date: October 25, 2012 02:22PM

WOW. wow. Someone needs a slapping and it isn't [teenage blogger]. Also, [teenage blogger] sounds like this elder's better, not the other way around.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: October 25, 2012 04:55PM

what a complete nutjob! Child abuse is okay and hey! let's have a birthday party for a pedophile! woo-hoo

Date: October 25, 2012 08:39PM

Posted by: Johnny Canuck ( )
Date: October 25, 2012 10:37PM

I am sure that dinner was just oh so very elegant with eight people crammed into an apartment. You would think they would et the cake if they can not afford a house. And I wonder who got the profit's gifts?

Sick, Sick, Sick.

Date: October 26, 2012 08:13AM

I still can't get past the image of a family burying a birthday cake at an apartment complex. That must have been bizarre to witness.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.