Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Exmo Dad ( )
Date: October 28, 2012 06:51AM

Bear with me Admin. It sounds like acc. to one of Mitt's former classmates at BYU, way back in the 70s, the BYU crowd encouraged him to follow in his father's footsteps.

He didn't go there for many years. Perhaps he never really wanted to run but other Mormons wanted him to.

I think it's interesting how in interviews Ann Romney has said it was she who encouraged Mitt to run for office.

Yet at the same time she says "This is hard." "Stop it" to the media (not liking the endless questions etc.) "We won't be doing this again..." after 2008 ...but then ended up doing it again.

I wonder if some of the Mormon hierarchy suggested approached Ann and suggested she convinceo Mitt to run. Or, if she independently wanted him to run ??

How is this related to Mormonism? The question is did someone in the Mormon hierarchy set it up for him, or did he and Ann independently decide to do this? If the church pushed it, then it's very clear they have a huge stake in it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dazed11 ( )
Date: October 28, 2012 01:29PM

In Mormonism it is the job of the wives to push their lazy husbands to do more and be better. Like if he doesn't want to work 60 hours a week she will remind him that it is his role to be the provider so that she can stay home and raise the kids. Or if he doesn't feel like doing a calling in addition to his 60 hours a week at work she will remind him of his priesthood duties and will sustain him by cooking a nice meal of his favorite things for when he gets home at 10PM.

Posted by: John_Lyle ( )
Date: October 28, 2012 07:31PM

Actually, I had this vision of Ann straddling the mittens, with spurs on, after she had spanked him...

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: October 28, 2012 07:52PM

And a strap on.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.