Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 12:32PM

As soon as we clear off the sidewalk, it is filling up again. I've never experienced the Lake effect from the Great Salt Lake like I have this time around. I guess the lake is really warm and making it's own weather pattern...weird!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 12:34PM

We had some snow here in Mini Cassia/southern idaho fall on Thursday night/morning. It melted by the time I got off work at 3pm!!

Bummer I was hoping to play with my bassett hound sophie in the snow for a change!!

Posted by: rachel1 ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 05:00PM

Southern Idaho Inactive:

I was born in the area of which you speak and still have family there. :) One of my family members emailed me pics of the snow on the mountains (she knows how much I love those mountains).

Just HAD to say hello when I saw where you are.

Stay warm!

Posted by: Lostmypassword ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 12:50PM

What is this "snow" of which you speak?
(California central coast)

Actually, we had 1/2 inch about 15 years ago. Panic ensued. Schools closed, National Guard called out, Catholic and Protestant churches held all-night prayer sessions, Mormons milled canned wheat into flour.

Posted by: Rose Park Ranger ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 12:57PM

I live in a fairly flat place and my son is sick so I can't sled today.

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 12:59PM

Yeah we woke up to 8 inches of snow. Our kids were out there playing in it while my husband shoveled the walks.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 01:43PM

That stuff tends to stay in the mountains, which does make them look really pretty. I'm in southern California where people forget how to drive in the rain.

Posted by: looking in ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 02:42PM

Snow arrived in my area (near Jasper Alberta) before Hallowe'en this year. Didn't slow up the Trick'r Treaters though! We've probably had a couple of feet altogether, though some has melted. I've shoveled more in the last two weeks than I did all last winter!

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 02:49PM

It seldom snows where I live. That's one of the reasons I live here. 15 years of snow back east cured me of liking snow. I only want to go visit it. I don't want it on my driveway.

Posted by: flyboy21 ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 02:51PM

0". Sooooong... Song of the South... sweet potato pie and I shut my mouth...

When I was just at work out there, it was UUUUUGLY though...

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 02:54PM

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 02:55PM

I love snow. Post pictures!

Posted by: Rose Park Ranger ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 02:56PM

First, I'm a Nevermo in Utah; so maybe there are some problems with this that I am not aware of.

Second, I can't go this weekend because my kid is sick.

But some Sunday, when most people around here are learning about how it's a good idea to give 10% of their money to billionaires to build a shopping mall; Exmos or Nevermos should go sledding.

Maybe at Sugarhouse Park or maybe at that hill part way up Big Cottonwood Canyon? Or somewhere else?

Posted by: biblebeltbetsy ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 03:00PM

Its a lovely 81 degrees here in the pineywoods of east Texas, with blue skies, a few fluffy clouds, and a light breeze. Time to pour myself a big ol' glass of sweet tea and enjoy the sunshine :)

Posted by: rachel1 ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 05:01PM

enjoying my DP down a bit further south of you, darlin'. I don't miss the snow. I think I'm allergic to it. :)

Posted by: Calypso ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 03:01PM

Central AB has a niiiice blanket of snow right now. Perfect time to hit the slopes!! I also can't wait to grab my skates and get on the outdoor rink for some puck....weeee I love winter!! The coldness sucks though. Sunday morning is supposed to be -25 (that's -13 for all you Americans!:) )

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 04:21PM

Nice here in Moab. Has been a bit blustery and got a little rain last night, but today is beautiful. Lots of cool clouds and the sun moving through them makes for interesting patterns on the redrock.

Posted by: nonmo ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 04:33PM

Total= 1.5ft, though it's melting now

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 04:40PM

We haven't recieved our snow flurries yet in St. George, but Pine Valley Mountain got a ton.

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 04:57PM

It's spring in Australia yet cooler than it should be now - still not hitting 30 Celsius yet. That global warming seems to be stalling.

Posted by: notanymore ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 05:59PM

We got some snow yesterday and today is beautiful and sunny but cold.

Posted by: chummy ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 08:17PM

Just a slight dusting since last night, but expecting more this evening.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.