Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Pil-Latté ( )
Date: November 12, 2012 11:47AM

and had a very pleasant experience. The employees were so friendly and helpful and I ended up spending more than what I went in there to spend. And who doesn't love the free panty coupon that shows up in the mail ever few months?

Its a huge difference than buying garments.

Ornery ladies behind the desk who act like its a huge burden to grab your size of top. Grabbing a number and waiting behind the family who's sending out a missionary and they are literally buying every shape and size available. Wanting to just get the few things I needed and getting the hell out of there asap.

I HATED buying garments. Its embarrassing to admit now but I'd go years without buying new ones. But now? Buying new under- wonderfuls is sooooooo much more fun. =)

The church really makes little things, like buying unders, miserable...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: November 12, 2012 11:57AM

It was 1970, back before 2-piece garments. My mother took me to some sort of distribution center in downtown SLC. She said nylon was the best choice because it was durable. Okay, she was the expert. They had dressing rooms to try them on. So I went in, stripped down and pulled on the size Mom and the lady at the counter recommended.

"Do they fit?" Mom called in.

"I don't know. How are they supposed to fit?"

"Are they tight?"

"No." They were actually very baggy. "How long are they supposed to be?"

"Oh, about to the middle of your calf." They were.

"Okay. I guess they're okay."

I learned later that she probably meant "thigh" instead of "calf." I had the longest, baggiest G's in the entire mission. And nylon was horrible when it was hot.

Posted by: tig ( )
Date: November 12, 2012 01:48PM

I know it wasn't meant to be funny...but I laughed.

Posted by: billy6 ( )
Date: November 12, 2012 12:02PM

dont you mean "Victoria's Sacred"?

Posted by: justrob ( )
Date: November 12, 2012 12:05PM

I nearly spewed coffee all over my monitor, hahaha

Posted by: citizen not logged in ( )
Date: November 12, 2012 12:03PM

hilarious, stray mutt. but sad, so i refrained from laughing. so very sad.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: November 12, 2012 12:05PM

Our sexuality is one of our most powerful human qualities. The Mormon church focuses on our sexuality as a core for control. It is evil. People have died and suffered horribly for no purpose other than the control objectives of Mormonism.

"Many is the faithful Latter-Day Saint parent that would rather their son or daughter return to them in a pine box than without their chastity."

Bruce R. McConkie, a man who claimed to be an apostle for Christ, where is Christ's teachings and atonement in that Mormon Doctrine

I would add for physicality, one of the most beautiful cultures in the world is Brazil. The men and women there are connected spiritually to their bodies. The beaches are covered with multiple body types, and various modesty. There is joy where in other cultures there would be shame or no one on the beach.

I heard a conversation between two Latinas, the Cuban said to the Brazilian, you look great in that, but you look great in anything because in your mind you were born naked, where in my my mind I was born with clothing. A very wise insight. I too was born with clothing, but aspire to know I was born naked.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2012 12:07PM by gentlestrength.

Posted by: Albinolamanite ( )
Date: November 12, 2012 12:19PM

I don't go much anymore. I learned quickly that they don't like when you put your hands on the mannequins. I was just trying to get a measurement!

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: November 12, 2012 12:35PM

Yay for new undies!!!

Every stickin' time I went to the distribution center in Orange County to get new garments, the ladies were ALWAYS cold and rude. The last few times I went, I bought petite sizes (I am lots of things, but short is not one of them) for the bottom because I heard the waist didn't come to my bra line and the hem was snug and was a few inches shorter. Full on ice radiated from behind the counter.

I had forgotten that.

I have loved wearing cute, beautiful, sexy panties but I have never thought about how much more enjoyable the actual experience of buying them is. Night and day.

Posted by: justrob ( )
Date: November 12, 2012 01:08PM

yeah, even as a TBM I bought "short" garments (I'm 6'2")
The long ones were fine when I first bought them, but you wash them a couple times and everything sags about 3 inches, and sticks out of your clothing (I dressed very modestly, but the sleeves just stuck out, & if the garment came untucked [I biked 6 miles to school every day, so they usually did] they would hang out below my normal shirt)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.