Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Ihidmyself ( )
Date: November 18, 2012 05:57PM

Spectacular view of Utah Lake and all of Utah Valley. They did a great job on this place! Great layout, great selection of stores, giant Christmas tree in the middle of the mall and it's only 6 miles from my home. And what's really cool is it's open today, Sunday, and the place is crowded.

But all I can think about is I hope it puts the City Creek Mall out of business. WHY IS THAT?

Seriously, when the City Creek Mall was being built I was in favor of it because downtown Salt Lake needed a face lift and a nice mall like that might make Salt Lake a fun place to visit. But then they totally 'eff it up. Two friggin' BILLION dollars!!! Are you kidding me??? And it's closed on Sunday which, I guess it's their mall so they can play the holier-than- though card and keep it closed if they want. But if they want to play the holier-than-thou card then how the hell do they get off advertising all those high end women's clothing stores by using those skanky looking models? Don't get me wrong, they can sell whatever they want, I don't care. It's the hypocrisy of it all that bugs me. It's the fact that all these drone church members throw their money at the church and they have no friggin' clue how or where that money is spent.

And when Romney lost the election I was delighted, not because I hated Romney so much, I tend to be rather conservative. But I wanted him to lose because I wanted the Church to get over their arrogant friggin' selves and stop thinking they're at the center of the universe. I want the Church to be humbled and to start questioning the direction they've been going. I want the reasonable, genuinely humble, and good members of the church to take over from the anti-science, anti-gay, hyper-conservative, gun-wielding Boyd KKK and Jeffrey Holland types.

But most of all I want the LDS church to start being the real force for good that they have the potential to become. Until that day happens I'll keep on cheering for the other side.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2012 06:06PM by Ihidmyself.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: HopiBon! ( )
Date: November 18, 2012 06:07PM

It could have an effect on City Creek in this waY...

In the first year Cabella's opened, it became the most popular tourist destination in Utah. Of course, before Cabella's it was Temple Square each and every year.

People don't have unlimited vacation days. Those who are in town for Cabella's will have something right next door that will eat up a 1/2 day or so, leaving less chance for a trip to see what the Mormons are up to downtown.

Posted by: noncompete ( )
Date: November 18, 2012 06:16PM

When you are in Utah, the Morg is the center of the Universe. Once you get out you realize that it isn't even a blip on the radar screen.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.