Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Utah County Mom ( )
Date: October 26, 2012 11:22AM

I started listening to the Ex-Mo Conference talks this week via audio. I have to say to Grant Palmer, sir, I have so much respect for you. You walked away from a career in the church, from a culture and infrastructure you'd had all your life, --all for acknowledging the truth. And you did it at a time in life when many don't want to take up the challenge of such deep change.

I trully admire you. Your podcasts over the past few years were instrumental in my own journey out. This forum has been a refuge and a place of encouragement. Thanks to Mr. Palmer and all who support the search for truth!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: October 26, 2012 11:37AM

I read Grant Palmers book 'Insiders VIew' and I was done once and for all.

I loaned the book to a recent convert and he stopped paying tithing at once and also declared himself out.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: October 26, 2012 12:00PM

Agree, Palmer's book is the best source of information on the church out there. I revelation about Rev. Benjamin King, and the sermons of the circuit preachers, compared to King Benjamin's speech just blew me away. Of course Joseph Smith could have wrote the Book of Mormon, it was an alternative fantasy upon his life growing up.

I sincerely believe, after reading Palmer's book, that Smith was both a conman, and a true believing Christian, who used his twisted belief in Christ to justify his earlier behavior. What he was later on, I don't know. Either he stopped believing in religion all together and was just victimizing people for his own benefit, or he became convinced he was truly going to hell, and may as well enjoy the ride.

Date: October 26, 2012 12:44PM

Yes King Benjamins 19th Century Methodist Camp meetings inspired speech!

Posted by: jong1064 ( )
Date: October 26, 2012 01:38PM

I have a signed copy from the conference and I can't wait to read it!

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: October 26, 2012 11:50AM

Agree completely. You should have seen his face, still puzzled about why the LDS Mean Boys wouldn't accept his offer to fade away. When they called him up for excommunication he offered to be quiet, to stop writing the obscure scholarly articles he was writing at the time. No, sorry, you have to be publicly scourged and humiliated--this way to the edge of Crazytown where we keep the tar and feathers....

Instead, the obtuse Mormon leaders spurred him to a burst of activity which has given us the podcasts and latest revelations from Grant Palmer's inside sources.

What genius it took to decide to piss off someone who has actually held in his hand the BOM seerstone! (Black with white streaks, came from a well, refused to allow it to be photographed like most precious artifacts)

Palmer shared with us that he has insider sources in the highest places in Mormonland and they concur what we have all suspected: this heartless bunch knows it is not true. I think they may be the first majority of fakers, but that's just my personal opinion based on their behavior.

Grant is a remarkable person in every way and it was an honor to meet this kind and gentle man who epitomizes why we could respect a person who knows it's not true and stays a member.

Meeting him changed me because I have never seen someone with so much information about the aggrandizing destructive church who was not indignant or angry AT ALL. He mentioned having another 14 year old possible Joseph Smith wife with a slight smile and shake of his head.

So that's what it looks like to be completely recovered from Mormonism.

Anagrammy

Posted by: Ponti ( )
Date: October 26, 2012 01:30PM

Posted by: John_Lyle ( )
Date: October 26, 2012 06:43PM

I want to read this book...

The morg management doesn't seem to get the 'negative publicity' is a bad thing and continue to stir the pot on what would have remained obscure if they had just kept their mouth shut...

Posted by: 2+2=4 ( )
Date: October 26, 2012 11:57AM

I agree. His William and Jane Law research is stellar. Also his Insider's View stuff on source material for the BOM fairy tale.

This guy has more integrity in his pinkie finger than all the GAs rolled up into one.

Thank you Grant Palmer. I am a huge fan!

Posted by: hard6 ( )
Date: October 26, 2012 12:21PM

Can someone please provide a link to his presentation? I would love to hear it!

Date: October 26, 2012 12:37PM

http://www.daisydoor.net/exmo/conf2012.html

With Thanks to poster Olympia for once again making them available very quickly and thanks to the Exmo Foundation and speakers of course for making it all possible.

Date: October 26, 2012 01:47PM

This is my favorite of the Grant Palmer audio materials that I have heard so far. I think there is more than one interview available through this link, the one most worth listening to is the one on William and Jane Law and some of the events leading up to Smith's death. The timeline and evidence Palmer presents are very convincing and strong. Mind-blowing history....the real knock your socks off "revelations" from the mormon church are not coming from the "prophet", they are coming from people like Palmer:

http://mormonstories.org/324-326-grant-palmer-returns-to-discuss-sexual-allegations-against-joseph-smith-william-and-jane-law-and-his-resignation/

Posted by: Java'sMom ( )
Date: October 26, 2012 01:34PM

I enjoyed the whole thing!! BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!!

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: October 26, 2012 01:35PM

Posted by: Utah Couny Mom ( )
Date: October 26, 2012 02:13PM

It's a real mind-blower to read the interviews conducted with William Law later in his life. That was a real turning point for me in my journey out.

Posted by: AnonNow ( )
Date: October 26, 2012 02:26PM

Never Mind. Silly Me.

-------------------------------------------------------
> I started listening to the Ex-Mo Conference talks
> this week via audio.

Is there a link to the audio somewhere?

Nevin Pratt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2012 02:27PM by nevinpratt.

Date: October 26, 2012 02:41PM

Instead of making a movie based on Under the Banner of Heaven (as someone on RFM wrote was in the works?) Ron Howard should do The Grant Palmer Story. They could intercut Palmer's story with the true story, as discovered by Palmer, of the last year of Smith's life. I can't imagine what was happening in Palmer's mind as he was finding the historical records and dates and connecting all the dots...that could make for some great cinema! Then there would be the part of the story of LDS church taking action against Palmer. Both the Law's story and Palmer's story would be dramatic. Under the Banner of Heaven is way too much material to squish into one movie. The Grant Palmer/William and Jane Law story would be much more doable in a two hour format...waddaya think?...wouldn't it be great?

Posted by: porterrockwell ( )
Date: October 26, 2012 04:13PM

Grant Palmer/William and Jane Law story would be a great movie topic. Where can I buy a ticket?

I also think a mini-series similar to HBO Specials like Game of Thrones, Rome, Deadwood, Boardwalk Empire, etc would be great. It would cover The early Smith family, all the REAL happenings in church history and then perhaps the early days Utah. It would have seer stones, "marry me or I'll be killed by an angel", getting caught in the barn with Fannie Alger, etc. It could bring all of the characters to life and bring up all of the real issues. I wish I knew how to write screen plays.

Date: October 26, 2012 04:55PM

Yes!

And I want to say that I didn't mean to convey a disrespectful or facetious tone at all in my suggestion. I am serious. Grant Palmer is a courageous, heroic person and the history is so dramatic...in the right hands, it would be a fascinating story to bring to the small or big screen.

Posted by: laurel ( )
Date: October 26, 2012 06:47PM

About how many exmormons were at the conference? I will be one next year whatever comes.

Posted by: mav ( )
Date: October 26, 2012 08:47PM

I so enjoyed it and we need to support it and make it grow.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: October 26, 2012 09:09PM

He might not have been an arrogant, lying, manipulative bully like the superMormon I had. Bit then I realized Pres. A-hole help speed me down the road out of the church. A nice MP might have made the church seem less toxic.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: October 26, 2012 11:58PM

If the leaders of the church had a speck of goodness in them, they would have conferred with Grant Palmer and other historians to try an figure out how to tell the truth.

Instead they've gone down the old road of threats and intimidation to protect their positions of power and money. They obviously don't believe in God or they would be living in a state of terrible fear.

I'm doing the best I can to educate and help people who are still bowing down to these thieves and bullies. I may not be a power of force, but I can go down the road teaching one person at a time. As the church knows, one person can blossom into many future generations. So far I've touched 4 generations. It's my hope that with the help of people like Grant Palmer that will spread into thousands of people in the future.

Posted by: Grant Palmer Fan ( )
Date: November 27, 2012 11:09PM

I agree!

Posted by: MormonThinker ( )
Date: October 27, 2012 10:25AM

I loved it. I was one of the best talks I have ever heard. Kudos to Grant. Can't wait to share it with others when it's on youtube.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.