Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: November 28, 2012 12:39AM

had a CTR ring on upside-down. He didn't look like a Peter Priesthood - should I have asked him if he were an exmo? Or, more subtly, made a comment about how nice his ring looked upside-down? How popular is the idea of wearing your CTR ring upside-down to signify you are no longer active or have resigned?

Personally, I'm still waiting for my WTF ring. :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cfutahn ( )
Date: November 28, 2012 12:54AM

People used to wear their CTR rings upside down for a reason. I'm a little hazy, but for some reason I think I remember it was for people who were waiting for someone to get off their mission or something like that.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: November 28, 2012 01:02AM

Wow - I never heard that but there were a number of years between my mission and coming here where I was out of touch with customs like that.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: November 28, 2012 01:28AM

I'm sure there are plenty of other people who own them and don't even think about which way it goes.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: November 28, 2012 10:39AM

Are you supposed to wear it so the letters are right side up when the wearer looks at it or when someone else looks at it? Is the message supposed to be for yourself as a reminder or for others as a bit of proselytizing/scolding?

Posted by: flyboy21 ( )
Date: November 28, 2012 02:10AM

He's having monkey spanking issues...

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: November 28, 2012 02:11AM

Posted by: bigred ( )
Date: November 28, 2012 02:25AM

I've never heard anything about the orientation of a CTR ring. However, I am the creator and investor in the WTF ring. I had them made and sold them. Here's the prob/issue with them. The price of silver increased by about 8 times. I have to order a substantial number of each size when I order and quite frankly, I have not had the money to do that. So there you have it. I've looked into having them made in Stainless Steele - a great alternative, but again, I need about 5k in orders to make it happen.

Posted by: bigred ( )
Date: November 28, 2012 02:26AM

BTW - I have exactly ONE size 11 Mens ring in Sterling left. But it is not cheap. Just sayin'.

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: November 28, 2012 10:28AM

Curious how "not cheap" it is. 4presto@gmail.com

Posted by: Mnemonic ( )
Date: November 28, 2012 05:25AM

You should gave said something like "That's an interesting ring. What do the letters mean?". That way you could have gotten answers without revealing anything about yourself.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: November 28, 2012 10:42AM

I would have said, "Oh cool, I loved 'The Green Lantern' movie too."

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: November 28, 2012 07:21AM

Wearing it upside-down sounds like the way people wear a Claddagh. When the heart is pointed in, your heart is "locked." When it's pointed out, you're available. I hope that's not what he was doing. It's so lame when Mormons do cheap knock-offs of other people's customs.

Posted by: Lostmypassword ( )
Date: November 28, 2012 10:20AM

Just had to look up Claddagh. 68 years old and still learning every day.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.