Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: December 03, 2012 11:49PM

in the world. Other then that. The temple really is a special place.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: shadowspade ( )
Date: December 03, 2012 11:50PM

I actually feel bad for most of the temple workers. Old people who have lived their whole life devoted to a lie. It's actually very sad when I think about it.

Date: December 03, 2012 11:58PM

I said most. I have known a lot of nice people who have worked in the temple, but most are power tripping creeps who are too full of themselves.

Posted by: shadowspade ( )
Date: December 04, 2012 12:01AM

Oh I wasn't disagreeing with you in any way. I should have been more clear. Most are jerks and are the worst kind of people. I just feel bad for them because they have dedicated their lives to this lie and it has turned them into assholes. I was just saying that there is a part of me that sees that as sad that's all.

Date: December 04, 2012 12:10AM

The worst temple has got to be the Atlanta temple. From up close it looks like something that was designed in the 1970s to house doctors offices. I was half expecting it was my turn to have my teeth drilled, the whole time I was there for baptisms of the dead.

Posted by: Exmosis ( )
Date: December 04, 2012 01:29AM

Posted by: motherwhoknows ( )
Date: December 04, 2012 01:45AM

My TBM cousin went through a nasty divorce, after 30 years of marriage to an abusive TBM. They never had any children. She was pretty much bullied into nothingness--afraid to speak, afraid to leave the house, afraid to pursue her career, etc. I've been worried about her. The cousins all met for lunch, last week, and her sister said, "(Divorced Cousin) is doing great! She has thrown herself into temple work. She works in the temple 4 days a week, and when she isn't working, she's doing sessions. It has been such a blessing!"

"Dead," I thought.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: December 04, 2012 02:22AM

This is part of my sorrow--it is not my life, but I have been unable to influence people I love.

Parents, please don't teach your children Mormonism. The spread of the Joseph Smith virus has to stop now. So many hours of valuable lives wasted for no purpose other than to perpetuate a fraud. It isn't even real charity, it's charity to a for profit business or charity to some sort of contrived eternal plan.

Mormons people that would walked over the sick, the homeless, the hungry to do a Mormon temple ordinance for a dead person named Tua something born in 1730 in what is now Samoa.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.