Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anothercasualty ( )
Date: December 01, 2012 01:23PM

I'm not sure if this has been discussed already, but I figured I would share some info I recently heard.

I have it on good authority, and without getting too specific to protect the innocent, president monson is not without some mental failings. The story I got is that sister Dibb (sp?) is going to great lengths to keep his current mental state from becoming public. In not sure if its Alzheimer's or just general senility. I'm no mental health professional.

I don't bring this up to mock pres. Monson. It's a natural thing that happens when you get old and it's certainly not his fault.

My reason for mentioning it is because I had a thought. When Prop 8 happened I just always assumed it was because pres. Monson had just come into power and was flexing his authority muscles. But now I'm thinking that he wasn't driving that all. Maybe it was someone else who took advantage of the fact that pres hinckley was gone and monson was a non factor. My first thought was maybe it was president packer, but I'm not convinced his mental health is all there either.

Anyways, it's an interesting thought to imagine someone behind the scenes pulling those strings.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: December 01, 2012 01:26PM

There was a lot of buzz on this before last general conference where Monson made a good showing. Even after that it was largely put down to good days and bad days.

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: December 01, 2012 01:26PM

When someone is certifiable crazy to begin with it is kinna hard to say they're losing their faculties due to age, alzheimer's, or whatever.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 01, 2012 01:30PM

? Why do you say that, xyz?

first: the term 'certifiable' ... I don't think that's 'real' anymore, certainly not clinical.

seems like dimensia might be sometimes used as a cop-out.

just sayin'

Date: December 01, 2012 01:33PM

I've heard those guys' conference talks:

:::waves hands over head, wiggles fingers:::

.C.R.A.Z.Y.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 01, 2012 01:43PM

Yeah, I agree IT ALL is!

but, in its context.... who's gonna notice?

Date: December 01, 2012 01:47PM

Well that's why nobody can tell if he's losing it or not, and how much. It's all in context!

Posted by: intjsegry ( )
Date: December 01, 2012 02:56PM

It's always more like crazy conference for the "general mormon public."

I got a VT lesson the other day and glanced at it, not only was it by Bro. Snow (someone who was once in my ward- who they sent him, and his whole family (WHOLE FAMILY of TEENAGERS) to another country on a mission... brain washing..) Any way, it was on

"The best way to be grateful is to be CONTINUALLY giving thanks for every little thing...."

This is crazy talk. To continually say thank you to an imaginary being, over, and over and over.... Sure, be grateful, but if you have to do it constantly TO BE GRATEFUL, you aren't grateful, you are a sycophant.

Posted by: brigantia ( )
Date: December 01, 2012 04:06PM

Did Brother Snow go to the UK? If so, I think I've met him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2012 05:27PM by Susan I/S.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: December 01, 2012 01:43PM

With the stories that pop up about things he's done before and after conference, it seems likely. It makes me wonder if they put him on some sort of drug for GC.

Diagnosing him is a spectator sport for us now.

I think we have to assume that his counselors are running things.

Posted by: rainwriter ( )
Date: December 01, 2012 03:13PM

And if they knew that he had whatever-degererative disorder when he became the president, it would explain why he has such young and able counsellors rather than some of the older apostles.

Posted by: thecheese ( )
Date: December 01, 2012 04:46PM

A couple of weeks ago I had dinner with a 70. I asked him about Pres Monson. He said he does forget stuff and repeat the same stories in the same talk but nothing major.

He then spent 10 minutes telling me about HBE's wife. He told me she is in bad shape and sick a lot. She has severe Alzheimers. He told me she flies everywhere he goes around the world with him. He said they use to take a nurse with them but now they take 2 of kids or daughter in laws.

After dinner he took a private jet to his next destination.

Good dinner.

Posted by: anothercasualty ( )
Date: December 01, 2012 06:34PM

If its "nothing major," then why is Sis. Dibb in such a panic every time he's out in public or if a video camera lingers on him a little bit too long?

I actually kind of feel sorry for his handlers. They must be stressed to the max, knowing the level of scrutiny on him.

Posted by: archytas ( )
Date: December 03, 2012 08:18AM

I'm skeptical because this behavior hasn't manifested on camera yet.

Some people have suggested he has special meds, but I have to ask:
do these magic meds only work on camera?

I could be wrong, but so far I keep hearing thirdhand and fourthhand accounts.

In the YouTube era, I'm amazed that no one has tried to record him telling a story 3+ times in a row.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2012 08:32AM by archytas.

Posted by: Dallin A. Chokes ( )
Date: December 03, 2012 12:57PM

He seemed pretty coherent last night during the Christmas Fireside. But, in regards to his repetitive story telling, he DID tell a story that I've heard in about 50 other of his talks (I know this is not the same thing as repeating a story multiple times in the same talk). Did the guy NEVER do ANYTHING that wasn't related to widows? I'm all for helping widows, shut-ins, etc., but that might be the last time he did anything worthwhile for as much as he talks about it.

I only heard the audio--the wife had it going on the computer and I tried to be out of the room as much as possible.

Posted by: Titanic Survivor ( )
Date: December 03, 2012 01:40PM

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: December 03, 2012 01:33PM

They're going to have this problem repeat ad infinitum now that live spans are so long. A gerontocracy is a big problem now, because apparently in many cases the body outlasts the mind. Sadly, I've seen this issue in my own family. Languishing in a rest home with few mental faculties remaining, having been "saved" from death by earlier medical intervention.

Posted by: sistersalamander ( )
Date: December 03, 2012 01:52PM

It doesn't matter if Monson is short all the fries in his Happy Meal as long as his handlers can keep him from drooling/peeing himself in public or (heaven forbid) repeating the crazier doctrines from way back when.

Morgbots will never catch on, no matter how many times he repeats stories because: a) their brains are numb; b) they're all struggling to stay awake and thinking mostly about what's for dinner; c) all the stories sound alike anyway; or d) they needed to hear it again anyway because they haven't been righteous or faithful enough.

When he does start drooling/peeing himself, the handlers will just keep him out of the public eye like they have with the other incapacitated geezers.

Posted by: John_Lyle ( )
Date: December 03, 2012 07:48PM

Have you ever considered that the Monson showed up at GC this year, wasn't really Monson?

That they found some guy living on the street who allowed them to surgically alter his face and body so that he looked like Monson. Then they put the fake Monson up on the podium and told him to lip-synch a recording they had made.

The recording had been made up of snippets of speeches that Monson made and then blended together.

This way, they can make more Monsons and Monson will be seen as immortal. The men behind the scenes can continue to run things. They don't have to break in a new profit. Although, eventually, they might run out of speeches to make new speeches with...

BTW, to keep the impostor from being discovered, they put him up in the penthouse of the Jesus Mall condos and never let him leave, except to impersonate Monson...

This is, of course, pure speculation on my part...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2012 07:54PM by John_Lyle.

Posted by: Carrots Tomatoes and Radishes ( )
Date: December 03, 2012 03:11PM

Gee doesn't that seem a little weird though? I mean think about it. If he really is in this mental state and there are people pulling the ropes behind the scenes shouldn't this say "Wow! The Prophet really isn't all he's cracked up to be" Because I'm pretty sure that he's supposed to talk directly to God and know exactly what to say without the help of other people.

Posted by: sistersalamander ( )
Date: December 03, 2012 03:38PM

You and I might think that. But we're logical.

TBMs will remember that they made covenants to uphold the Lard's "anointed," 'specially the Prophet. Remember, God is mysterious and has His reasons for everything, so (the TBM thinks) there must be some divine plan behind Monson's lingering on the Earth long after his mind has gone elsewhere. No matter what goes on, it's all God's will, which we can't understand, so we might as well just go along with it, no matter how silly it seems.

The handlers believe this, too. In their minds, they are serving the Lard's chosen one until God calls him home. TSCC also paints pictures of loving adult children caring for their incapacitated parents at home until they die; same idea.

Date: December 03, 2012 04:01PM

It's actually really sad. The more I look at it the more I realize that they will never all get it :/ I just keep wishing there was someway we could just explain to them that it's all fake. I wish that something, just one thing, could possibly happen that would open all of their eyes.

Posted by: John_Lyle ( )
Date: December 03, 2012 07:50PM

Monson's handlers tell Monson that they are God; so Monson parrots whatever they tell him...

Date: December 04, 2012 02:39AM

According to this, Monson is actually very arrogant and rude

http://www.salamandersociety.com/foyer/prophets/thomassmonson/

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.