Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Leaving ( )
Date: December 07, 2012 06:38PM

In Boyd K. Packer's famous "To Young Men Only" address, he likens the male genatalia to a "little factory" that must on occasion release its product. He explained that nocturnal emmissions (wet dreams) were the only acceptable method for that release. Masturbation was/is a serious sexual sin which the Lord condemns. However, either way (awake or asleep) the young man is dreaming about sex.

Without going into detail, I can tell you that the wet dreams that I remember were heterosexual. Since I can't choose my wet dreams, it seems that my heterosexuality is not a choice. It's how I was born. So my question for the gay men on this board is did you have homosexual wet dreams? If you were active LDS at the time, did you feel guilty about it?

The LDS Church has reluctantly admitted that same-sex attraction (as the church calls it) is not a choice. I worry that bishops will use the interview process to "force" young men to share the details of these dreams. Has anybody had a bishop who asked about wet dreams? None of mine ever did. Of couse I had usually already confessed to masturbating and promised to try to never do it again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Puli ( )
Date: December 07, 2012 06:46PM

First off, I don't recall many of my dreams from day to day. Of those I've had with sexual content, they always included other males even when I was young enough that I didn't know anything about sex. I have had a few sexual dreams which involved women, but they always involved men as well. More often, they haven't involved females.

Posted by: agentpi ( )
Date: December 07, 2012 07:10PM

I have never had a wet dream. Does that mean masturbation is okay for me because I don't have an acceptable, non-sinful release?

None of my bishops have ever asked me about wet dreams. The issue was pretty much just addressed generally.

"Do you keep the law of chastity?"
"Yes."
"Good, because it's really important."
"Yep. I know."
"Okay, great, next question...."

Posted by: Mormoney ( )
Date: December 07, 2012 08:23PM

I never had a wet dream until my mission, when I stopped jerking off. On my mission, I had a wet dream about every 3 weeks on average. I always looked forward to those since that was my only release.

No wet dreams = you're masturbating more than every couple of weeks
Wet dreams = you're not jerking off nearly enough :)

And my wet dreams were almost exclusively about me inserting my hoo hah into a vagina

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2012 08:25PM by Mormoney.

Posted by: anonnn ( )
Date: December 08, 2012 03:12PM

I never had a wet dream until my mission --- I had stopped masturbating. I can't remember much about the content of the few wet dreams I had, but I do know that they always involved men.

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: December 07, 2012 11:59PM

What if one has a wet dream from dreaming about masturbating?

Posted by: IjustDoit ( )
Date: December 08, 2012 12:17AM

Then you're jerking off in your sleep, wake up and grab the TP!

Posted by: Vahn421 ( )
Date: December 08, 2012 12:01AM

Whenever someone like Boydey Boy uses a phrase like, "The TEMPTATION of homosexuality" I laugh a little.

I never found another man to be a temptation. No choice in the matter, either. Maybe Boyd is admitting something about himself from the Pulpit. xD

-V

Posted by: Xyandro ( )
Date: December 08, 2012 12:22AM

Mine always involved men. Never women, not even once.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: December 08, 2012 12:47AM

Wow- what timing.
I went to my Dr. today for a check up. First thing he tells me is to quit masturbating. I asked him "why"? He said " because I'm trying to examine you".

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: December 08, 2012 10:59AM

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: December 08, 2012 11:54AM

Produced a true LOL in PapaKen

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: December 08, 2012 12:03PM

Wet dream history:
1. I knew a girl in Jr. High that I thought I liked. In my dream, I walked up behind her and tried to kiss her on her neck. At that moment, I woke up all wet.
2. Not long after, I dreamed about a boy in school who had grown into a body-builder hunk, and he and I faced each other, our "swords" drawn. At that moment, I woke up all wet.

Talk about confusion! It was one of the reasons I used to call myself "bisexual."

Wrong. The men of my dreams won out. All subsequent wet dreams, even on my mission, were homosexual. And so am I.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: December 08, 2012 02:47AM

Just one more advantage to being gay:

http://www.salon.com/1999/11/04/size/

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: December 08, 2012 03:11AM

http://www.lds.org/bc/content/shared/content/english/pdf/language-materials/33382_eng.pdf?lang=eng

To Young Men Only or The Little Factory talk, by BKP

Here's the source, I posted a while back. Don't know if it is listed as a resource in RfM, but definitely helpful to have as a direct reference.

Posted by: Drew90 ( )
Date: December 08, 2012 10:51AM

My dad is still obsessed with masturbation. He says anybody who falls away must be masturbating. Nobody wants to talk about masturbation with their parents.

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: December 08, 2012 03:24PM

Yeah, 'cause jerking off is something you gave to leave the cult to do. Jeez, how do ya reason with someone like that?

Date: December 08, 2012 11:09AM

And what about women and their sleeptime orgasms? (ie, female 'wet' dreams)

Or was/is that concept simply ignored within mormonism?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2012 11:10AM by spaghetti oh.

Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: December 08, 2012 11:38AM

This is Packer. Women don't matter.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: December 08, 2012 01:37PM

It was given in the priesthood session of conference, I was in attendance and 13. What timing for me! Last time I knew this booklet was still in my Mormon "things" at my mom's home. It must be landfill by now.

The seventies definitely was just beginning to discuss female sexuality, it is impossible to imagine a parallel talk in Young Women's, especially at that time. Be grateful, don't feel slighted. This talk really did mess with my male cohort.

Women do matter though! Very much so.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2012 01:40PM by gentlestrength.

Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: December 08, 2012 03:27PM

You're either a woman, an intellectual or a homosexual.

If women mattered, Packer would have given them a talk on not rubbing one off.

Instead, they only have this from 100proof:

http://www.salamandersociety.com/awards/2000/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2012 03:30PM by lulu.

Date: December 08, 2012 03:58PM

"Yours is only a one car garage, and he is your eternal car."

LMAO!

Thanks for that link, lulu!

Posted by: intjsegry ( )
Date: December 08, 2012 12:50PM

It's like the church is a pre-pubescent teen who can't say penis or vagina....

Posted by: intjsegry ( )
Date: December 08, 2012 12:54PM

"He explained that nocturnal emmissions (wet dreams) were the only acceptable method for that release. "

Isn't this like saying "IF someone spikes your drink it's okay,but not if you spike your drink?"

I thought Thought crime (even dreams) were a sin... I mean, god says you can be guilty of even the thought... I guess dreams aren't part of god's control...

Serious, the MO's are so f'in strange. Now that I am out of it, it's like watching the Republicans during the Pres. race...

"What is the next horribly odd. undocumented, bigoted, slanderous, circular-logic and racist things they will say next?"

Posted by: rlawrence ( )
Date: December 08, 2012 02:21PM

Why we as youth allowed all the bullshit from there "leaders" to infect our lives is sad. We were duped hence the anger once one realizes so much crap that was dished to us.

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: December 08, 2012 03:18PM

I had gay wet dreams so vivid and awesome that I actually tried to have more by not masturbating.

Unfortunately I failed to stop pulling myself long enough to warrant natural releases very often.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.