Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: December 07, 2012 07:54PM

They have a book that they lie and say is ancient when it is a compilation of Protestant preaching put in ancient fictional mouths.
They claim to protect "traditional" marriages when their older version actually was ancient but now doesn't need to be protected but legislated against.
They come from a tradition of barn-raising, resource sharing, God's getting ready to roll up this world end-of-days style millenarian-ism but operate now like a club that charges you 10 percent of your income to join them in supporting the meeting place buildings and the "lodge" buildings which don't happen to be the same building.
The now "accept" gay members as long as these people abide by their god's laws in not acting attracted to the other gay people.

Got it.

Their moral high ground was bought and paid for by lying preachers, "lose" women, and sober fez wearing, baker's hat wearing men in a club.

I now understand Mormonism. Isn't it about time?

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 07, 2012 10:42PM

Elder Berry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Their moral high ground was bought and paid for by
> lying preachers, "lose" women, and sober fez
> wearing, baker's hat wearing men in a club.

Too much beer.

Their moral high ground was bought and paid for by
lying preachers, "loose" (i.e. polygamist) women, and teetotaling Masonic wannabes wearing baker's hats in a men's only managed club.

Thank you.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: December 08, 2012 11:29AM

"The clergy converted the simple teachings of Jesus into an engine for enslaving mankind and adulterated by artificial constructions into a contrivance to filch wealth and power to themselves...these clergy, in fact, constitute the real Anti-Christ."--Thomas Jefferson.

According to Tom the Mormons are just upholding a long honored tradition of Christianity.

The TSCC however has certainly taken it to a whole new level and upped the ante, or upped the 'anti-christ'.

Even as an atheist I have to say the Big 15 need to let Christ into their lives.

Date: December 08, 2012 05:08PM

I have no problem with something being a members-only club trying to get members and pushing their agenda. That is what it is.

When the Big 15 talk about their god's laws and they do so under duress to appear "Christian" you know the club is more about forcing their god on people then helping people "know" their god. No different than any crazies that would like to convert using a sword instead of understanding.

Mormonism is no different than the "preacher" (worse actually) that they took out of their temple. And they probably did it not because it was not a reflection of biases they hold but because it embarrassed them.

...Christ into their lives. That is funny.

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: December 09, 2012 12:17AM

God (bangs gold gavel): Let's start this meeting. Our first order is to create a world. Any thoughts?

Satan: I'll make it just as good as where we are now. And I would give everyone full knowledge of everything.

God: You bore me.

Jesus: Have you considered pestilence, father? Disasters and wars and torture and killing.

God: Go on, son.

Satan: Are you kidding?

God (smacks golden gavel hard): You're speaking out of turn, morning son. Shut up.

Jesus: There are many ways to bruise and damn humans...

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: December 09, 2012 01:02AM

The real story.

Date: December 09, 2012 12:48PM

Don Bagley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jesus: There are many ways to bruise and damn
> humans...

"I bear you my testimony that God the Father lives. He set a course for each of us that can polish and perfect us to be with Him."
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2009/04/adversity?lang=eng

It just takes lots of bruising and weeding out the damned among us.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.