Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: December 09, 2012 03:13PM

...coming from the mouth of George Will, no less.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/12/george-will-quite-literally-the-opposition-to-gay-marriage-is-dying/

And even though James Carville got the Mormon thang all wrong, still...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: snb ( )
Date: December 09, 2012 03:15PM

This is good news, right?

Date: December 09, 2012 03:51PM

I would have to say yes - it's just that I honestly never expected to hear something like that come out of George Will's mouth in my lifetime. LOL!

Of course we can pretty much predict the howls of indignation that will arise from the throats of those formerly known as Neocons over this statement.

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: December 09, 2012 03:56PM

If James Carville and the Scarecrow from "The Wizard of Oz" (the smile) had a mean-a$$ baby, he would look just like Dallin Oaks.

“There is something like an emerging consensus,” Will said, noting voters in three states recently endorsed same-sex marriage initiatives. “Quite literally, the opposition to gay marriage is dying. It’s old people.”

TheBrethren IS "old people," and they will hang onto their hate until it is no longer expedient for them to do so. Who, oh, who will they focus their hate on next? They NEED an "enemy" with which to distract TheSheep. Thank MormonHeavenlyFather they still have the women.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: December 09, 2012 04:54PM

LOL Surrender Dorothy!

Like you, here's what I got from that: Mormon Church = old people.

I also agree with your last paragraph. Mormons always need to have a Barbarian at the Gate, boogey man, or whatever you want to call the enemy. This is how they keep the sheep thinking they are under attack, threatened, and exclusionary.

Date: December 10, 2012 09:37AM

+1 to both of you. LOL!

Posted by: scooter ( )
Date: December 10, 2012 07:46AM

into a new Century.

and twenty years later the kolobians will finally notice that the rest of the country thinks they're a bunch of a$$holes. again.

newsflash, we never did stop thinking that in the first place.

I like when George Will writes about baseball. Other than that, not so much. But I never thought he was a moron, and it's good to see a little clarity coming from the old codger.

Posted by: The exmo formerly known as Br. Vreeland ( )
Date: December 10, 2012 08:07AM

That's exactly how it went before and how it will go again. On a similar note the Senate just tried to ratify a treaty on the rights of the disabled. The entire south voted against it and so did most of the Morridor. The rest of the country was OK with it but the senators from those states torpedoed the whole thing. Nice job fellas.

Date: December 10, 2012 09:31AM

Agreed, I don't think George Will is a moron either.

He is a brilliant man but sometimes he gets a little too wing-nut-elitist for my tastes (as when he wrote an insane article about denim jeans).

I can usually consider what he has to say to be pretty on-target within his sphere of interests, and can actually watch the man speak without an overwhelming urge to projectile vomit at the monitor. Which is more than I can say for most talking heads, LOL!

Posted by: inmoland ( )
Date: December 10, 2012 08:15AM

George Will knocked everybody off their seats during the 2008 campaign by being one of the few conservatives to say Palin was a twit who shouldn't be on the ticket or in the WH. I guess he gets off his meds occasionally. :)

It's hard to believe the change in attitudes is all just down to people dying off, given the anti-gay blather I hear from fairly young (early 30s-40s) TBM (and other) conservative acquaintances and FB. Fingers crossed, though; hopefully the homophobic younger crowd is much smaller than the older one.

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: December 10, 2012 02:28PM

you might be hearing homophobic remarks from brainwashed young mormons in the morridor, but in the real world, young people know that homophobia is bullshit, and a hang-up for old farts.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.