Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BadSheep ( )
Date: December 16, 2012 01:55AM

There has been a lot of negative and sad things in the news and on the board lately. So I just wanted to share something I'm happy about.

Tomorrow I'm headed to the airport to pick up my mom for a visit. While she's here we're going to make our traditional Christmas candy and do some touristy things (for those in the Tacoma area, you'll know what I mean when I say Fantasy Lights!) and we're going to the Melting Pot because she's never been to a fondue restaurant.

I'm 32 years old, but sometimes I still just want my mom. Especially around the holidays. My mom and my sister have a strained relationship (they live next door to eachother in California...too close if you ask me) and my sister does not like to make candy like mom and I do. I knew my mom would be sad that no one wanted to help with the candy, so I invited her up here to visit.

Anybody else have positives or happy things going on?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: December 16, 2012 02:00AM

BF had the Noro virus over the T-day weekend, so I'm going to make him a very nice dinner for Xmas. We spend a lot of holidays with just us and the kitty and they are never bad.

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: December 16, 2012 02:07AM

Last night, I went to see Liza Minelli do a Christmas concert with Men Alive (Orange County's Gay Men's Chorus) at the Segerstrom Hall in Costa Mesa.

Although Liza's voice was a bit warbley and she was a bit wobbly on stage, she still has "it." When she did Cabaret, I about melted, and we all clapped until our hands hurt.

It was a really happy holiday concert!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.