Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: need to be anon ( )
Date: December 16, 2012 02:48PM

I need to be anon for this because the moniker I use could easily expose who I am with the information I am presenting.

With regards to the adoption in Utah that has gone against the will of the biological father as discussed here:
http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,723781,723781#msg-723781

I live in the ward that the Frei's attend and I was shocked by what happened in sacrament meeting today. The bishop of the ward got up to the podium and declared that the story being told in the media is favoring the father and that the true story isn't being told.

He said that he believes that the Frei's have the best interest in the child's welfare and that they are doing the right thing by fighting the ruling. And that God is on their side because the Frei's are faithful members and deserve to have the baby with them.

I thought the church leadership was suppose to be neutral in these types of issues. Now the bishop has the whole congregation believing that TBM's have more rights than the biological father. WTF!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: December 16, 2012 02:55PM

FUCK!!!!!!

Are you kidding me? I was a Mormon when I adopted several children . . . special needs, black, Russian. In every single case, I believed God was on my side.

The adoptive family is delusional. Temple sealings don't mean shit. THAT BABY BELONGS WITH HIS BIOLOGICAL FATHER.

Fucking Utard, backwoods, trailer trash, baby-stealing HO!! That's what I think about the adoptive mom.

Been there, done that, got the adopted kids to prove it. And my conscience is clear - whatever "maneuvers" I made to adopt my own children have long been accounted and repented for. My black child HAS a relationship with his bio family.

Dammit! Don't get me started (seriously) about raising black children in Utah! During one vacation, my SIL insisted on parading my little black baby all over her ward one Sunday just to prove how righteous and giving her family was. Puke.

;o)

Posted by: schmendrick ( )
Date: December 16, 2012 03:05PM

So... WHAT IF they do (think that they) have the baby's best interests at heart?

WHAT IF the father is actually a jerk?

Still his baby. Sorry, folks, the law isn't only there when you like what it says.

Posted by: exrldsgirl ( )
Date: December 16, 2012 03:30PM

Exactly.

Posted by: Caddis ( )
Date: December 16, 2012 03:22PM

Why is the judge giving the adoption family 60 days to turn over the child? I have a friend who went through a similar situation of adopting a child when the biological father was completely unaware. The father had been in prison. Once he was released and found out his child had been adopted out it was a single court case and the child was turned over to the father at the end of the trial. No 60 days of prolonging the agony for everyone involved.

Posted by: alx71ut ( )
Date: December 16, 2012 03:26PM

If that Bishop is defying the court then is he preaching official church doctrine? That would be a question to ask his SP and others higher up the food chain. If you don't and I suggest you don't then someone else can do so. The drill instructor out-of-state daddy isn't getting very BRT'ed by the church so he can be prepared to take the discussions.

Posted by: need to be anon ( )
Date: December 16, 2012 04:37PM

One of the members of the stake high counsel was on the stand. Either the bishop already had approval from the SP or he expected that what he did would not be a concern.

My guess is the bishop was trying to drum up support for donations to the Frei's legal fund.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 16, 2012 03:37PM

OBVIOUSLY meant to placate the adoptive parents; Won't help or resolve Anything.

the Morg 'always' does that when one of 'the Chosen' is in jeopardy or done something questionable.

Stupic Cult

Posted by: notamo ( )
Date: December 16, 2012 03:43PM

Oh, yeah, the leadership of my step son's ward paid $11,000 (of a $44k bill) of the custody evaluation to see who he should live with: his severely paranoid, personality disordered, bat shit crazy Mormon mom or the father (my husband) who 4 neutral, court ordered professionals (custody evaluator, special master, guardian ad litem and the child's mental health counselor) said should raise the child. BUT, custody went back to the crazy mom (after it was taken from her for psychologically abusing the child via numerous untrue sexual abuse allegations) mainly because we were in a UT court, the judge was LDS, she was LDS, everyone else was LDS except for us and the custody evaluator. So, yes, Virginia, the Morg DOES insert itself into judicial and custody issues.

Date: December 16, 2012 06:31PM

Your tithing supports child abuse! Feel good.

Posted by: notamo ( )
Date: December 16, 2012 10:31PM

Schmendrick, all our lawyers were livid when they heard her ward paid the $11k. One made a comment about his tithing and fast offerings going for something like that. We think her ward is paying for her lawyer too. Just freaking crazy.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: December 17, 2012 12:46AM

What is it with Mormons and stealing other peoples kids? They did the same crap at Mount Meadows, and to this day will tell you it was a blessing for the children, because they got to then get raised by Mormons, so they could learn the same superior moral values that were used to justify the murder of their parents.

Date: December 17, 2012 01:25AM

Well, raising them does seem to be a more effective way of making Mormons than converting them.

Posted by: non for this ( )
Date: December 17, 2012 04:05PM

our son is adopted. he is interracial, so were we though. There were two possible birthdaddys, and when they told us we had been chosen they did not know if they both would sign.

we were told it may be an at risk adoption. Lucky for us, california laws are stricter than utah and we were not allowed to even go there to pick him up until both fathers had signed and it had been filed, so we got him when he was a week old instead of a couple days.

Now though we have found out that his birhtfther (the real one) was not told he could have requested a dna test that we would have had to pay for to establish paternity, and that he would have taken hi m if he knew it was his.

I blame the church fort his, but also the brithdaddy signed and he was an adult, and he met my son with is older sister and instead they decided that he didn't "look like" a baby from their family. I share no blame, but feel bad about LDS.

This is normal though, and the birthmom who lived with us was told to not try to find the birthfather. He didn't sign. the baby had severe genetic defects and it would have been helpful for the adoptive parents to find him, but he was lost at this point.

I know the church encourages adoption into a family that will seal the kid to them. I didn't think they even tried to hide it anymore. The freis should have given her back the first they knew there was an issue. How cruel this is to the baby.

sick fucking church....

Posted by: Whiskeytango ( )
Date: December 17, 2012 05:07PM

I have been following this case quite closely. LDS adoptions and the constant demand for babies never ceases to amaze me.

Last 18 months ago my daughter was nineteen and pregnant. she intended to keep the child and eventually married the father who is a Marine. We generally did not fuss much about the pregnancy and helped her out with things she needed. I was amazed at how many people simply assumed the child was going to be put up for adoption. Three people who did not know each other offered to adopt her and one person outright offered to buy the child for ten thousand dollars.

This case is appalling and I hope it changes some laws.I am curious though, was this child actually sealed to the Freis in the temple? What is the rule on sealing adopted children? I thought they had to wait until the adoption was final.

Posted by: dazed11 ( )
Date: December 17, 2012 05:21PM

Yes they have to wait till the adoption is final which is usually at least a year. Even if she was sealed that doesn't mean anything because sealings can be cancelled. The prophet has the power to bind and to loose according to Mormon doctrine.

Date: December 18, 2012 02:00AM

What would it matter if the kid was sealed? Congrats, you performed a religious ceremony that ran into a conflict with reality. Oops.

Posted by: freckles ( )
Date: December 17, 2012 05:23PM

My husband adopted my older two and yes the rule was to do it after the adoption was final.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: December 17, 2012 07:58PM

One of my daughters placed a child for adoption when she was a teen. She had some pressure to go through LDSSS. Thank GOD she didn't. But the adoptive parents (open adoption) were smart enough to not set themselves up for heartache. They wanted complete information on the father and wanted to make sure he was well aware and that his consent was legally verified. Any smart person would. If these Mor(m)ons knew the couple was still legally married and didn't do their due diligence, they deserve what they get. Just too bad the child has to suffer, at least temporarily, from their stupidity.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.